Sunday, February 27, 2011

Ever Bilena Matte Lipsticks

Hi dear readers, I missed you. Did you miss me?
I’m back with a new post. I decided to do a review on this lipstick just because I heard that this certain line of lipstick from Ever Bilena will be discontinued. 
 It’s Ever Bilena’s Matte Lipstick. I got it on sale at Savemore for only Php 99. At first, I don’t know what color to choose because as you all know, testers are not available there. So, I just picked the first pink color on the shelf. Luckily, it’s a beautiful pink color in shade of Pink Flame.
 The packaging at far looks very classy, black with silver linings, but once held you could actually tell that it’s made from a cheap plastic material. But, again, I can live with that as long as the product works for me. Oh by the way, the packaging reminds me a lot of Nyx Rls, only rls packaging are rounds.
 The first time I opened this, I thought, “OMG! It looks so dry!” True. Once swatch, you could feel how dry the lipstick is. It’s not like Nyx Rls which are very creamy. 
 I don’t like the smell too. It smells like cosmetics, or maybe, soap? I don’t know how to describe it, really.
The shade I got is pretty nice pink shade. It is very pigmented too.
I like this lipstick more when applied. It looks so dry but glides easily on my lips. It blends perfectly too. I like the effect it gives because it’s not very creamy; it looks very natural on lips. The color is buildable too.
What else? The staying power is good. It stays for 2-3 hours on me.
Oh, but this is very drying on lips! So, if you love your lips, use lip balm! Always use lip balm underneath.
Overall, this is a superb lipstick for its price. Not every day you could find cheap lipsticks that would works as good as this one. 

LOVE:
> Very cheap at Php99 only
> Pigmented
> Color is buildable
> Staying power is average


HATE:
> Drying on lips


Price: Php 99 at Super Markets, 7Eleven, Watsons, etc
Would I recommend this: Yes, it doesn't hurt to try one

2 comments:

  1. Hi. Cool post. Care to help me sort out what make ups to have as I'm starting to collect my kikay kit. Haha. I'd love to know your view about this item http://www.tameraonline.com/servlet/the-539/Neutrogena-MoistureShine-Lipstick-with/Detail. Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this lipstick and I like it! It's true that this can be drying but this can be remedied by using a lipbalm or a lipgloss.

    Is it true that this line will be discontinued soon??? I've just discovered this recently! I think I have to hoard a lot of shades since EB matte lipsticks work for me! :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment ;p xoxo