Wednesday, July 11, 2012

CATALINA GEO GEL EYE LINER

Gel liners are my favorite kind of eyeliner.  I like how flexible it is on my eyes; I can apply it thicker for very dramatic look or apply it thinly just to make my lashes look thicker but still natural-looking.

Just like pencil liners, this lovely gel liners can be used as base for eye shadows! I mostly use this as base when I need to do dark-heavy smokey eyes.

Just few days ago, Korea Cosmetics sent this gel liner for me to try it out. 

COMPANY
In 1976 Lamy Cosmetics was established by Dong-A Pharmaceutical that is the largest Pharmaceutical company in Korea. The name of the company, Lamy has a meaning of "Spread out the Beauty" for Chinese and has the meaning "My friend" as the compound words of La+ami for french. Following is Lamy's history.

-1976 : Lamy Cosmetics was established as an associated company of Dong-A Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (100% invested)
-1979 : Lamy contracts TECHNICAL ALLIANCE WITH WELLA AG CO. (GERMANY)
-1983 : FOUNDATION OF LAMY BEAUTY ACADEMY 

Lamy contracts TECHNICAL ALLIANCE WITH MENNEN CO.(U.S.A.)
-1985 : Newly establishment of a cosmetic factory with the production scale of 100 billion won
-1991 : Lamy contracts TECHNICAL ALLIANCE WITH ELIZABETH ARDEN CO.(U.S.A.)
-Lamy contracts TECHNICAL ALLIANCE WITH MARY COHR CO.(FRANCE)(In 1996 Expiration of contract)
-2007 : Disaffiliated from Dong-A Socio Group on March
-2008 : Lamy contracts R&D cooperation with Silla university Lamy Managerment Philosophy

1.Creative : The creative spirit that does not be afraid of change and innovation is always seeking for novelty.
2. Trust : We pursue the dreams and hopes of customers based on trust with all partners.
3. Cooperation : We are trying to be a prosperous and developable company with our partners through the management of sharing.
Lamy Competitiveness
-Sharing know-how in 34years
-Customer Satisfaction Guarangeed
-Production, Filling and Packaging of cosmetics products

Catalina Geo Gel Eye Liner

The packaging of this gel liner is very similar to tony moly’s gel liner; it is one of the cutest packaging for a gel liner!
The coolest part of the packaging is that it has a secret brush on top. Oh yes, no need to buy a separate brush for this buddy.  However, the brush was not placed on top for no reason at all. Check this out!
Isn’t it the wisest thing? This packaging was designed to make the application way easier!

The packaging is not the only thing that amazed me. The product itself WOWed me! Let me tell you why as I go along with this review.
The consistency isn’t as creamy as my Mac fluidline however I never had any troubles using this product. Still, it glides smoothly like butter (the brush that came in the packaging makes the application a lot easier).
Catalina, Maybelline and Mac
It has the same carbon color as my two gel liners and dries into a nice matte finish.

The thing that really amazed me was the staying power of this gel liner! It stays superb on my eyes! It stays way way better than any of the gel liners I’ve tried.

As usual, I did several tests to show you how amazing it stays on my lids.

RUBBING TEST

I tried rubbing all these gel liners using my fingers! See how amazing this gel liner stays on! There’s no way I could rubbed this off my hands using my dry fingers.
Catalina, Maybelline and Mac
Ofcourse, staying power does not only depend on rubbing this off using your dry hands or fingers. What if we perspire? Cry? Or get under the rain; will it still stays on amazingly on my eyes?

...Well, this water test will show you the answer to those questions!
As you can see, it stays on superb!

And because it stays on really well on my skin, removing this gel liner will be such a pain in the arse if you don’t use good makeup remover. In my case, I use my ever loving Etude House eye and lips makeup remover.

Overall, if this product is available in your area then I highly recommend this product to you! It’s very rare to find gel liner that stays on this good on skin.

Thank you Minnie of Korea Cosmetics for giving me a chance to try this amazing product from Lamy Cosmetics.

PROS
Cute packaging
Brush included in the packaging
Gives a matte finish
Super amazing staying power

CONS
Not available in our local stores and malls

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment ;p xoxo