Saturday, July 28, 2012

NYX ROUND LIPSTICKS IN Pumpkin Pie, Paparazzi and Chic Red


PACKAGING
Nyx Rls came in this simple round, black packaging. The packaging is made from a cheap material, not sturdy  at all. You’ll really get what you paid for.

 Nyx Rls has a color cap on the bottom which is exactly the same as the color of the lipstick itself.


SMELL
It has a distinct smell that I can’t explain. People often describe that it has a “soap-y scent” but for me it wasn’t anything like soap. Although, I must agree that it tastes like soap.  The scent doesn’t really bothers me. It is the unique characteristic/ “signature” of this lipstick. In fact, I could tell that this is a nyx rls, even with my eyes closed, by just smelling it.

PIGMENTATION
No doubt, it is one of the most pigmented kind of lipsticks I ever owned.It is very true to color on my lips.

Texture/Finish/Consistency
The lipstick is rich and creamy, thus, glides really smoothly on my lips. Once applied, it gives your lips just a nice sheen to it.

Since these lipsticks are very creamy, these are moisturizing on lips. I don’t mind not applying lipbalm underneath whenever I used this.

Staying Power
For nyx rls in general, the lasting power is so-so. Nyx rls would have been my HG only if the lasting power was good. But it wasn’t. It wasn’t good, not even average for most of the colors. But if you can live with the lasting power of this rls, I highly recommend these! There are tons of beautiful shades to choose from! You can play with different colors without spending much.


Pumpkin Pie, Paparazzi and Chic Red --- my 6th, 7th, and 8th shade from Nyx Rls.

 SWATCHES
| Mac Lipstick in Shy Girl |  Nyx Rls in Pumpkin Pie |  Nyx Rls in Paparazzi |  Nyx Rls in Chic Red |

Pumpkin Pie is a warm peachy brown. This color reminds me of Mac Lipstick in Shy Girl with less orange-y tone to it. Unlike other nyx rls I’ve tried, I had to swipe this several times on my lips to make the shade visible. 


Paparazzi is a beautiful carnation pink shade. This is my next favorite pink lipstick from Nyx Round lipstick collection (next to my ever loving Nyx Tea Rose). The consistency of this is so much better than Pumpkin Pie. It glides smoothly on my lips and with great color payoff.



Chic Red is a cool-toned red! One of my fave reds, indeed! I rarely wear red lipstick but I like using this whenever I wear very minimal makeup. (sorry, nagpapaka-vain si Chic red, LOL)





*Pumpkin Pie and Paparazzi was sent by Stuff in Style for Review
*Chic Red was one of the freebies I got from Glaminar Makeup Workshop

 Price: Php 150 at Stuff in Style

8 comments:

  1. pumpkin is such a beauty nude shade. definitely going on my to-buy list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. paparazzi looks so nice on your lips! :)

    Hope you could follow me back! :D

    http://iyaboto.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paparazzi! Looks really great on you! ^_^

    Btw, I'm a new follower! :) You're awesome, keep it up! :) Hoping you'll check and follow my blog too :)

    http://geekindapiink.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pumpkin pie it is!! love it!!

    by the way I am hosting a beauty giveaway over my blog and would really appreciate it if you or some of your readers would come and join!!

    thanks!

    http://www.everythingetcetera.com/beauty-giveaway-my-birthday-thank-you/

    ReplyDelete
  5. paparazzi is awesome. Looks so perfect on yyour lips! :)
    I LOVE NYX :))

    I followed your blog, I hope you can follow back

    fashionerza.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow loving the shades and love NYX! New follower here, please check mine out :) I'm also having a giveaway!

    http://letskisstomakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. paparazzi looks nice.

    danicastark.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely swatches! Nyx is my favorite lipstick brand.
    xo,
    ~Pauline @ http://www.kallony.com.ph/brand/nyx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment ;p xoxo