Monday, July 9, 2012

Revlon Lip Butter in Creme Brulee

This has been a highly raved product ever since it was launched few months ago. However due to my bad experience with Revlon lipsticks, I opted not to purchase this.

So literally, I was jumping in joy when this came few days ago on the package SIS (Stuff IN Style) Shop sent me!! Finally, it’s my chance to try this highly-raved product without spending even a cent on my wallet! (I need to save a lot money because I'm currently staying on a dorm away from my family T.T, it sucks I know!)

Just like all other Revlon lipsticks, I was pleased with the packaging. Revlon has one of the most amazing packaging for lipsticks!
 Crème Brulee is a beige-nude with a tinge of peachy shade, perfect for smokey eyes. It goes sheer on me, in fact, I have to swatch it atleast 3 times to make the color visible on my lips but that makes it wearable. I tried beige-y shade before and those much pigmented shades really washed me out. On the other hand, this color is quite flexible as I can even wear it on every day basis. However, I have to line my eyes with black or brown eyeliner or at least make my eyebrows well-defined,otherwise, this will look too corpse-y on me.
This actually is a dream come true for girls like me who despised lipsticks that are very drying on lips. If only this lip butter would lasts longer, this would definitely be a HG Material for me! Unfortunately, due to its buttery consistency, this stays on for 2 hours at most without eating and/or drinking.

As you can see in the picture, it gives me very luscious-looking lips in just few swipes! I actually like the smell too! I’m a huge fan of mild scents like vanilla or in this case, a toffee candy-scent.

During the days when I don’t like to wear any color on my lips, just well-moisturized lips, I often reach for this! This has been mygo-to shades if I had to go to my review center. It’s very light, not as sticky as lipgloss and waxy as lip balm.

Overall, I recommend this for people who like it nude! Some people may find this too sheer especially if you have natural lip shade that is closer to this color. The best tip I could give you is to try it on Revlon Counter. If this specific color will not suit you, do not be disappointed,Revlon still have tons of shades available.

PROS
Glides smoothly like butter
Perfect lip tint and lipbalm in one!
Beautiful packaging
Perfect lip friend for girls with chappy lips

CONS
Not long lasting
Pricey at Php 525 (Department Stores) – but hey, you canpurchase it for only Php 320 at STUFF IN STYLE

Check out STUFF IN STYLE Multiply Account to view the complete list of the products available on their shop
Do not forget to LIKE their fan page too!


7 comments:

  1. The shade looks a bit sheer but I am a nude lippie person so I think I'll def like this shade. Thanks so much for the swatches. I'll check this out soone ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this one in Lollipop. :)Creme Brule is nice also...

    ReplyDelete
  3. curious if it's combined with smokey eyes :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a nice nude lip just to give shimmer. It's sooo cool! I must really get one SOON. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I must try this one soon too. :)

    I'm a new follower btw. Keep rocking!

    http://ehmjaybornales.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Their lip butter line is a bit sheer but their colors just look so yummy! Hehehe... I love the content of your blog, and you have a lot of product reviews that I enjoyed reading :)

    Anyway, I just followed your blog :) Hope that you can visit mine too and follow back as well :) Thank you and more power to you!

    XOXO

    www.MusingsofaMakeupMaven.com (http://sabshernandez.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment ;p xoxo