Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Casa de Lorenzo Castile Soaps

My sister is a huge Eco-products lover. Last year, she opened an online store for a friend of her who happens to be the owner of JunkNot!, small-scale brand that promotes and produces eco-creative products, which you can also find in Ecostore at Serendra. Junk Not! products are professionally and carefully designed and is envisioned to be affordable. Novelty items will only be produced by request or special order.

The amazing part about Junk Not! product is that for each piece of Junk not! product you purchase, you provide livelihood to these women PLUS part of the proceeds will go to a training & development fund which will further empower these women through newly-acquired skills. Unfortunately, only few appreciate this kind of products. I feel sad that we Filipinos are not yet ready to accept products amazing as this unlike most foreign countries around the globe.

I couldn’t be happier when I received an email few days ago from Russell of Casa de San Lorenzo. In his email, he asked me if I’m interested in trying out their natural soaps. Natural soaps were never new to me; I have been a long-time user of natural soaps from another online brand. I visited their site HERE and I was happy to know that Casa de Lorenzo is one of the natural soap makers that use ONLY natural oils and essential oils in the Philippines. How could I say No, right?

from Casa de Lorenzo site
I received the products immediately after my conversation with him. One of the statement he told me in his email that I could actually relate to was, “Only a few people truly appreciates and believes in natural products and we're hoping to make them grow.” I feel honored to be chosen as one of the bloggers to introduce this brand here in our growing beauty blogging World.

True Castile soaps are made from purely Olive oil, which is beneficial for skin. Olive oil has been used by Egyptians long time ago as cleanser, moisturizer and anti-bacterial agent. Olive oil is also popularly used for massaging infants and toddler. If you’re a mom who does a lot of research for products that are beneficial for your babies’ sensitive skin, you probably have used this.

Castile soaps are hypoallergenic. Also, It helps relieve the symptoms of eczema and psoriasis. (my other sister has eczema, I will let her use one of these and will let you know). It can also help soften skin and retain more moisture because it is said to contain high concentration of glycerin and other moisturizing components. Most importantly, it doesn't pollute the sewage system because it is biodegradable unlike other chemicals that we use in most commercial soaps today.

Rusell is so wonderful for sending me three variants to try: Moisturizing, Cleansing and Manila.


CLEANSING CASTILE SOAP

Cleansing soap was made the Old Fashioned way with Olive oil (for moisturizing skin), Virgin Coconut Oil (cleansing)  and Palm oil (lathering).

Ingredients:
Water, Saponified Philippine Virgin Coconut Oil, Saponified Spanish Olive Oil, Saponified Palm Oil and Essential Oils.

It has a liquidy consistency, almost like water. I would definitely use this with body scrubber or sponge due to its consistency plus it lathers more that way.

Recommended for: 
Active people  and those who enjoys lots of bubbles, like I do!

There are two available variants under Cleansing Soap:

Peppermint gives me this minty-fresh feeling every bath. This is the right variant to start your day because it makes you feel refresh, active and more energetic. I like using this using hot weather, too!
Lavender, on the other hand, is a perfect cleansing soap before going to bed because lavender is so popular for its relaxing aroma. It’s a nice scent after a loooong tiring day at work or school

For more details, check this LINK.

MOISTURIZING CASTILE SOAP

According to Casa De Lorenzo, this soap is the closest to the traditional castile soaps in Spain. Made from saponified Spanish Olive Oils and scented with Essential Oils, its mild cleansing properties make it ideal for those who have allergies and sensitive skin. This variant is highly recommended for babies, for dry skin or if you have sensitive skin.

It is almost like a Cetaphil, only made more natural and the consistency is less thin. These don’t lather much since it is made purely of Olive oil

Recommended for:
Babies
With Dry skin
With skin problems

I mostly use this when I’m just at home during weekends because I just want to moisturize my skin at home.

There are two available variants under Moisturizing Soap:

Peppermint gives me this minty-fresh feeling every bath. This is the right variant to start your day because it makes you feel refresh, active and more energetic. I like using this using hot weather, too!

Lavender, on the other hand, is a perfect cleansing soap before going to bed because lavender is so popular with its relaxing aroma. It’s a nice scent after a loooong tiring day at work or school

For more information, check this LINK

MANILA CASTILE SOAP


Finally, Manila Castile soap is the combination of Virgin Coconut Oil, rice bran oil (moisturizing) and Palm oil in one bottle. Casa de Lorenzo also added essential oils from plants and flowers NATIVELY FOUND in Philippines. How cool is that.

It has a watery consistency like that of Cleansing Castile Soap. It definitely smells like CALAMANSI.

Overall, I have been enjoying all of these soaps. In fact, these are the only soaps that I and my sister have been using ever since we got the package. But I have to say that my favorite variant is Cleansing Castile Soap since I enjoy bubbles. I would definitely recommend anyone to get the two variants under Cleansing. However, since this is rather liquid-y or almost water-like in consistency, you might consume one bottle of Cleansing soap faster than if you use Moisturizing soap which has thicker consistency. 

I personally enjoy the consistency of Moisturizing soap and sometimes wish that my Cleansing soap would have the same consistency. I was hoping that Casa de Lorenzo would upgrade their Cleansing Castile soap into a “Cleansing with moisturizing Castile Soap” for I enjoy thicker consistency and bubbles at the same time. However, having a separate product for Moisturizing would be good too for babies and those who have dry skin.

I would also recommend Casa de Lorenzo to encourage their customers to re-use the bottles because I think their bottle packaging looks really good. (Good Job!). Maybe, they could have a refill-your-bottle scheme for all their clients especially those who drop-by to their shop.

To all my readers out there, I highly recommend you to try these natural soaps because it’s a WIN-WIN-WIN thing! You get tons of benefits from using natural products, you help Casa de Lorenzo with business and in promoting natural products, and mostly, these are Filipino-made products! Atin to! Should I even explain why the third reason is a Win-thing? 

Let’s love our own product! I admire all the makers of Filipino-made products! I do hope and pray for the success of not just Casa de Lorenzo, but all other products that were 100% tatak Pinoy.

P.S. Check this LINK: "WHY I STARTED CASA DE LORENZO"

Until then my loves!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment ;p xoxo