Friday, August 16, 2013

James Cooper Jazzy Collection Kiss-proof lipgloss

If you happen to know me, I’m a huge Pink and Nude (but not so nude) kind of person when it comes to lip products. I just hate red, for some reason, it makes me look like I had too much makeup. And that’s  not the makeup look I’m aiming for.

Imagine my disappointment when I got this Jazzy Kiss Proof lipstick in Nude but it is more like a RED than NUDE?!

Okay, you might be raising your eyebrows now telling me why did I not swatched it before purchasing? Well, here’s the weird thing! I did! I really did swatch-ed it and it appeared to be Pinkish brown in color, that's why I got it right away.  To my dismay, it was rather Red. How did that happen? I have no idea!

Anyway, I know I am just one of the few girls who cannot rock red lipsticks. If you happen to like red lipsticks though, I would still highly recommend it.
I got this for Php 299, Jazzy lowered the price from Php 399. My sister who loves sporting red lips adore this.

The packaging is nice, nothing really weird about it. The sponge brush applicator is easy to use but I would prefer using a lip brush for even application. Using the brush that came in with this packaging might give you too much products. This will make your lip product bleeds on your lips after few hours of wearing it. If you don’t have lip brush, you can still make use of the brush that came with the packaging. Applying it at the back of your hands will do the trick as it will eliminate excess products before applying it on your lips.

It has a nice matte finish and will stay for a long period of time. It will not transfer, thus it is kiss-proof, once it sets on your lips.
I use brown lip pencil to outline my lips
This is really drying on lips so if you’re not fond of wearing lip balm underneath, you might not like this.

Overall, I still recommend it. My sister was so happy when I got this for her. Her workmates complimented her lips, according to her. Yes, I might not like it because this is not-my-kind-of-thing but in the end, it’s all about our preferences.

On sister's lips
PROS
-has a really good quality for a nice, affordable price
-stays on amazingly
-matte
-kiss-proof, will not transfer when you kiss or drink
-dries fast
-super pigmented, it’s more like a liquid lipstick than a lipgloss
-available locally

CONS
-not nude as the name implies
-drying on lips


What do you think about the color?

Until then, my loves!
xoxo
Appreciate, do not hate!


2 comments:

  1. I have it in their red shade. For me it's a safer and more expensive version of the Excel Paris lippies. The colors are really nice but really hard to remove.

    ReplyDelete
  2. matte lippies can really be unforgiving sometimes because it can make the lips dry. :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment ;p xoxo