Saturday, October 19, 2013

Elf Geometric Palette

My initial reaction when I saw this product was, “Wow, this is so gorgeous”

Who wouldn't be attracted to this palette?


ELF GEOMETRIC PALETTE


Elf says,

This 6-Piece eyeshadow palette features a fun geometric pattern for a totally unique design. The beautiful soft textures melt into your skin for vibrant color that lasts. Convenient and easy to apply, just layer the colors to achieve your desired look. Apply wet or dry for a fabulous look that never creases or fades. Includes one double-sided eyeshadow applicator.

Limited Quantities Available.

Ingredients
Talc, Mica, Zinc Stearate, Kaolin, Paraffinium Liquidum(Mineral Oil), Petrolatum, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, MethylParaben, Propylparaben, Iron Oxides (CI 77491 , CI 77492 , CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow No.5 Lake (CI 19140), Red No.40 Lake (CI 16035), Ultramarine Violet (CI 77077), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090)

HOW TO APPLY
1. Blend preferred color onto eyelid with the Eyeshadow Applicator. 
2. Layer on colors for desired intensity and ideal color definition. 
3. Apply dry for a more subtle look or wet for a dramatic look.

COLOR COMBINATION

The palette contains neutral colors, perfect for every day. The thing I like about neutral colors is that you can never go wrong with it.  Apply lighter shade on the lid and contour your crease with darker shade. And Voila!

However, the light colors or the eyelid colors are very similar to each other.

Bottomline: All shades are very typical, no "Wow" factor

PIGMENTATION

The colors are not that pigmented except for the darker shade which took me a while to blend on my eyes since I over applied it thinking that it was just as pigmented as the others. I was wrong!  The darkest shade has a good pigmentation.

As for the lighter colors in this palette, I like putting it on top of crème eyeshadows/eyeliners or using it with wet applicator. In that way, the color appears more vibrant and alive on my lids.

Make sure to secure small brushes for the smaller eyeshadows. I prefer using my fingers, though. It’s much easier. Tapping the colors using your fingers in the middle part of your lids will make the colors more vibrant as well.

Bottomline: Average pigmentation for most of the colors.

STAYING POWER
As for the staying power is quite poor on its own. Having good base (eye primer or cream base) will help the product adhere to your lids for quite some time.

Bottomline: Should be applied on top of a good creme base or primer to make it lasts

OVERALL
This, I believe, is a limited edition palette from Elf. The Primp Pad is selling this at a very affordable price of Php 168. There’s a markup from $3 ofcourse, but hey, it’s not that remarkably high. I even saw some seller selling this at Php 200 or higher.

Will repurchase? Hmm. Maybe? I could see myself purchasing this as Christmas gifts for girlfriends but no, not for myself. I still have several eyeshadows myself. I only have two lids, I wish I have more. Just kidding! God created me perfectly the way He wanted me to be!

If you’re looking for a nice, affordable gift for you mom, girlfriends, sisters, I suggest that you might want to check this out. It’s only Php 168 and you get a really nice looking palette with decent quality.

Bottomline: The performance was just ALRIGHT, nothing spectacular. The staying power is a problem, though. You can always make it work by using a good primer or base. And oh, I really like the design of the palette.

PROS
- very beautiful design and concept (geometric)
- affordable
- can be use to create day and/or night look
- housed in a decent plastic packaging

CONS
- limited edition
- not so pigmented
- nothing extra-ordinary/ no wow factor

3 comments:

  1. I love that quip about having only two lids. hehe. Makes me think about having one lip and wanting a lot of lippies too. Hehehe. :D

    I love how inexpensive elf products are. This looks great, although it's too bad it's not very pigmented.

    www.keepcalmandbeautify.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have it too! From the primp pad. :-) I love the pigmentation! So intense!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @dawn: yes, but still, i think it's worth the money. :) my sister has been using this for everyday. she use a base to make it lasts
    @clarisse: the pigmentation was just okay. but the colors are nice, just use a good base to make it lasts and more vibrant on lids

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment ;p xoxo