Tuesday, November 26, 2013

e.l.f. Essential Lipstick in Captivating

E.L.F. Essential Lipstick
SIZE 0.012 oz 3.5g

Indulge your lips with long lasting color and shine. The moisture rich formula hydrates, conditions and softens on contact for silky smooth lips. Instantly beautiful, healthy-looking lips designed, formulated and tested by our professional team of makeup artists.

HOW TO
1. Apply to lips and blend in color for total lip saturation.
2. Re-apply as often as desired

INGREDIENTS



Hydrogenated polyisobutene, Ozokerite, Polyisobutene, Bis-Diglyceril, Polyacyladipate-2, Mineral Oil, Caprylic Triglyceride, Polyethylene Wax, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT, Tin Oxide, Mica. MAY CONTAIN (+/-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red No. 40 Lake (CI 16035), Red No. 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red no. 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red Lake No. 6 (CI 15850), Blue No. 1 Lake (CI 42090), Yellow No. 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow No. 6 Lake (CI 15985)

PACKAGING
I’m not really surprise with the packaging of Elf Lipsticks. It’s made of cheap plastic material yet very decent. The packaging is lightweight and not bulky, perfect if you like bringing tons of other makeup with you.

It scrolls nicely, the print is still intact and cap remains closed in my bag.

Although, I have some issue on the scroll mechanism, as if not it's tighten enough. I mean, I always unintentionally scrolls the lipstick up whenever I’m trying to open this lipstick.

SHADES

The shade I have is in Captivating. It’s a beautiful coral shade that’s perfect for everyday. This color will surely be famous again in summer.


Elf essential lipstick has 12 shades you can choose from. I do not really recommend referring to the site swatches. those sucks bigtime! the shades there do not really give justice to the real lipstick color. I would rather recommend you to search google instead and look for swatches from bloggers or go swatch it yourself to the nearest Elf stores.

FORMULATION
In spite of the low rating reviews on Makeupalley, I am really loving the formulation of this lipstick. It’s one of the lipsticks I like bringing with me nowadays. The lipstick has a nice soft, smooth texture that’s easy to apply. It feels like a tinted lipbalm on my lips, very moisturizing. This glides smoothly like butter, you can definitely wear this on its own.

STAYING POWER
The staying power is very decent. It will wear off after few hours or even just after eating.

At first, I thought that the staying power is so-so. But then, when I looked closely, I noticed that the color is still on my lips like a stain. I tried testing it out by applying the product on the back of my hands. After several hours, the color is still there even if I rinse it with water (water only, no soap).

OVERALL

Overall, I think this product is pretty good especially for the price! The packaging is understandable since the price is really cheap. The quality of the lipstick itself could make up for the little inconvenience of the packaging. 

Honestly, I'm really surprised with the quality since my expectation isn't really high considering the price. Remember that this lipstick costs only $1 in the US, roughly under Php 50 if converted. Although, it's a bit pricier in the Philippines at Php 120 (Elf cosmetics stores). You can purchase this even cheaper at THE PRIMP PAD for Php 68. It's still cheaper than most local brands in the market.

NOTE: Not sponsored review. I got this as one of my prizes when I joined Glaminar Make Up Artistry Contest.

Elf Essential Lipstick in Captivating on my lips


Until then, my loves!
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. I love the color! It looks real nice, and yes the website of Elf doesn't match the real colors and swatches of the products so it is really more advisable to Google it or better yet go the nearest Elf stall to check it :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I would like to know kung magkano mo sya nabili? Thanks! Will wait for your response!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, it's written in the blogpost dear. ^_^ Php 120 at Elf stores. Php 68 kay The Primp pad

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's my favorite shade from elf. And I would like to agree with you that swatches from other blog doesn't really give justice to ther true color.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment ;p xoxo