Sunday, November 3, 2013

MY HG CREAM FOUNDATION/CONCEALER: NATURACTOR COVER FACE

I have limited "good" experience to share with you when it comes to cream foundation. Cream foundation, for me, is not really suitable for everyday makeup. These tend to be very thick, heavy and cakey.

Believe it or not, I have tried to the best of my ability to make Cream foundation works for me. In fact, I have tried few until I gave up. I just couldn't take all the heaviness it gives. That’s why, although I have heard so many good things about James Cooper cream foundation, there’s no way I would purchase it with my own money. You can’t blame me, the last cream foundation I purchased was the MUD Cream foundation and until then, I promised myself to never purchase any cream foundation, ever! Yes, it was at first very great with all the coverage but everything else disappointed me.


NATURACTOR FACE COVER FOUNDATION




Naturactor says,
“Provides great coverage for skin. It's long lasting and you only need to apply a little to get the perfect skin look. Special to make up artist and professional use.”


• INGREDIENTS •



  • Jojoba oil-moisturizer the skin
  • Mica-moisture your skin youngful
  • Tocopherol(Vitamin E)-improve metabolism and immune system skin.


• HOW TO APPLY •


1. Use fingers/triangle sponge/flat foundation brush to dab a bit of the foundation
2. Spread evenly on face.



• SHADES•


Naturactor is available in 5 shades:

130 light color, make pale or dull skin a rosy effect look more youthful,  suitable for very fair skin tone. delicate,especially for bridal make up.
140 light in color for slightly deeper color than the 130, suitable for fair skin tone.
141 medium color and skin color natural fit yet translucent effect, suitable for fair skin tone as shading. The colour transition of natural, soft, suitable for stage makeup studio makeup. Suitable for medium skin tone.
151 Good coverage for face defects and shading, suitable for malay skin tone.
171 Green neutralizes any redness on your face, from broken blood vessels, blemishes, irritation etc. It helps inhibit red complexion effectively cover the red spots left by acne.

I have not really seen all the shades, thus, I cannot help you with shade matching. However, if you're NC30 in Mac, 151 will probably the closest match to your skintone. You can ask Shirleen of Pretty angel shoppe if you don’t know your shades, btw. I'm sure she can help you choose your shade. 





• PACKAGING •



Just like any other cream foundation, it came into this white screw top packaging. The container contains 20g of products which is a generous amount of product considering that a little amount of this product goes a long, long way.

Bottomline: You get so much product for the price.



• CONSISTENCY •



Hands down, so far, this has the best consistency among all the cream foundation I’ve tried (take note: "I've tried"). The foundation is very creamy and glides smoothly on skin like butter. It doesn’t feel sticky and heavy at all unlike my MUD Cream foundation.

The thing I really, really, really hate about MUD Cream foundation is the sticky and heavy feeling it gives my skin. Morever, it tends to cake a lot and settle on the lines of my skin.

I’m a huge fan of “less” makeup. I set my moisturizer with Ben Nye Setting powder and that’s it! I like skipping bb cream or liquid foundation.

But when this came along, I just couldn't stop myself from putting this on my face. I start applying this on my undereyes circles first then working my way to the corners of my nose. The texture is just so amazing; 

Whenever I opt to use this as foundation all over my face, I always use just one layer of this product since I don’t really need full coverage. My skin is already good on its own. I only use this foundation just so I can test it out. But most of the time, I like using this just as concealer.

I noticed that when I use this as foundation, the finish is always flawless and yet very natural looking. It has a crème to powder finish. But of course, I still like setting this with my Ben Nye Powder and Skindinavia Setting Spray. I love love love the finish, it was never too cakey on me, it evens out my skintone and brightens it up.

It is important to note that there are some people who commented that this foundation tend to cake on them. I noticed that the only part of my face where it tends to be cakey is on my undereyes circles. Why? Because I have serious case of wrinkles there. Don’t ask me why, I have no idea. lol. I noticed that whenever I over-apply this product on my undereye circles, it tends to be cakey. Nevertheless, it works very well on the rest of my face. Trust me, I tried using this with my fingers, wet sponge or flat foundation, but this foundation still manage to give me the most beautiful and natural looking foundation finish.

For those who are having trouble preventing this foundation from caking, one advice I could give you is to prep your skin well. I used to have a really bad skin and any foundation tend to appear cakey on my skin. The key is to focus on skin care. Use moisturizer every day. I never skipped moisturizer. I always make sure to moisturize my face before putting any kind of makeup. If you’re suffering from bad skin and you notice that most foundation cakes on you. Better start using moisturizer and/or primer as base. This will create a barrier between your skin and your makeup. Also, this will help your foundation glides smoothly on your skin.

Choosing the right shade of foundation will also help any foundation appear more natural than mask-like makeup. This can be tricky at first. You can always research your shades thru google. Again, if you’re NC30, choose shade 151 in Naturactor. Never hesitate to ask the seller your shades.

Bottomline: The texture is Heavenly! The texture is very creamy and it goes smoothly on face. It feels light on skin and yet provides a good amount of coverage. It has creme to powder finish.  

QUICK TIP: This is best applied using your fingers because the heat of your fingers will help the product to warm up a little for easy blending. Also, I noticed that the product adhere more on my skin if I applied this with a wet sponge. I also tested this out using a flat foundation brush and it works amazingly too. Use whatever works for you.

Most natural looking: Using fingers
For more coverage: use wet sponge or flat foundation brush. Make sure to dab the product well on your skin. Do not use too much layer on your entire face. 



• COVERAGE •


The coverage is actually good. It is certainly not a one-swipe-and-everything-is-gone-thingy. You have to start adding one thin layer and layering it up for more coverage. I love how it brightens up my face when used as foundation.

Bottomline: the coverage is buildable from light (one layer) to full coverage. 

The coverage is above average but certainly not the best out there. There are still tons of foundation that has better coverage than naturactor. However, this has something to say! 






• OVERALL •


This product is the bomb! The texture, staying power, the coverage… everything are ABOVE average. After more than 2 years, I can finally retire my Mary Kay concealer. FYI, Mary Kay Concealer still has better coverage (in my opinion) but I really get more with Naturactor. It feels lighter and blends easier. One tub will lasts me almost forever. I highly recommend this foundation.

BTW, I have combination skin. It goes very nicely on my cheeks throughout the day! However, I noticed some shine on my tzone after 4-5 hours. If you have oily skin, setting this with a powder will help the foundation stay in place for few more hours. Also, I recommend bringing blotting papers with you, it's life changing. Training yourself to use blotting sheets to remove shines is better than adding bunch of powders on your face (this will avoid clogging your pores) for retouching. 

PROS
-a little goes a long, long way
-it brightens up my undereyes (using as undereye concealer)
-provides good coverage without looking so unnatural
- Not cakey even when used with setting powder (I use ben nye to set this)
-has creme to powder finish
-it's a creme foundation but it's not too dewy looking
-appears really natural looking


CONS
-not available locally
-hard to find your shade
-smells like Chinese cream

 PRICE: it varies. Mine is  for Php 650 + shipping fee at Pretty Angel Shoppe. Guaranteed Authentic.




• PICTURES•

 
PICTURES





BARE FACE
Natural, no face makeup except for eyebrows


WITH NATURACTOR
See how it evens out my skintone and cover all imperfections?

Have you girls tried this foundation? Share your experience! I'm sure many girls would like to hear your stories! 
Until then, my loves!
xoxo


27 comments:

  1. mapapabili na ako nito sis.. thanks sa post.. :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. @donna: ganda ng finish, attorney! ang natural lang ng peg. Sabi nila nagcacake daw ito sa iba, pero sakin, hindi tlaga! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what's your shade? i need one that has a distinct yellow undertone but not too light either - all TONY MOLY foundation are way too light for me. please advise. tnx

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi! i am nc 25 in mac, will 151 suit me? or the 140? 130 and 141 are pink undertones, i have yellow undertone

    ReplyDelete
  5. everything is well reviewed here, I will still try that foundation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello there! Good to know you are a fan too of naturactor. I sell naturactor products at very affordable price. For inquiries you can email me at valganda@icloud.com.

    -val

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought mine for only 450Php :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. where did you bought yours?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Finally I've tried it Ms. Eloisa. Sana lang I bought it in shade 151. Here's my take on the most coveted Naturactor http://opinyonadasig.blogspot.com/2014/07/photoshop-in-pot-naturactor-cover-face.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. sis i got a tough time choosing the right foundation for me i have a mestiza looks and i am also acidic so when i apply foundation on my skin it gets darker, i have mac in nc25 color but they say nc20 is much suitable for me..may i ask what is my shade in naturactor? thanks sis..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi sis, sorry for my late response. I think 141. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay thanks for sharing this, dear! will read it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I havent swatched all the shades. I'm nc30 and 151 is perfect for my skin shade. so if you're nc25, you're shade is lighter than 151, maybe, 141 will suit you

    ReplyDelete
  14. there is a seller on fb which sells this at P450.00 Lovely Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  15. My mom gave this to me and yes its really good. She said she bought it for Php1000.00 from a friend. Ang tagal maubos and really effective.

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow, medyo mahal pero atlst friend. almost twice nga lng ang patong hehe! yes, true! tgaaaalmaubos!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Khrishia Ronquillo-SedenioJuly 30, 2014 at 12:39 AM

    I want to try this pero I'm not sure if I should go for 151 or 171 na yung green. I have some acne marks so I guess it would be 171 but I don't know how to use or blend that shade. :(

    ReplyDelete
  18. Chelley VillanuevaOctober 24, 2014 at 8:35 PM

    authentic naturactor... viber me 09257775972

    ReplyDelete
  19. Irish Bonita EvangelioDecember 20, 2014 at 11:00 AM

    151 ba yung ginamit mo ? hindi ba yun masyado dark,, parang parehas kasi tayo ng skin complexion eh.. gusto ko kasi bumili din.. but i have no idea what to get

    ReplyDelete
  20. Naturactor available for only 450+100sf please contact me 0905-424-2565

    ReplyDelete
  21. 151 is very suitable for filipina skin,im selling naturactor for only 450+100 sf.please contact 0905-424-2565.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi i used naturactor foundation shade 240. What shade of naturactor liquid foundation or conceiler is suit for me? Its difficult to match :( thank you..

    ReplyDelete
  23. very nice review!! helpful for the page im promoting..this--> "let's be kawaii" sells naturactor for only 350 pesos if you order at least 3 shades :) you might want to check them out :) https://www.facebook.com/LetsBKawaii

    ReplyDelete
  24. Naturactor has a really good finish. If anyone of hasn't got hold of the product, I'm selling it 650 with free shipping nationwide. Just message me at 09058188575 or visit me at facebook.com/raizasabate. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment ;p xoxo