Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Wet N Wild Megalast Lip Color

Wet n Wild lipstick has been around for ages. Infact, I discovered Judy’s youtube while searching for wet n wild lipstick review. 

The first Wet n Wild lipstick that I owned was "Just Peachy". Just Peachy is a chalky, peachy nudish shade that looks great with Smokey eyes. I rarely use it though since it's not an everyday color. 

Anyway, a friend of mine started her online store in Instgram and asked me to buy the shade that she has on-hand. I was like, “Uh-oh! Not my shade.” But because I love her, I still bought the shade, anyway.

And boy, I’m so glad I purchased it! I so love the shade and it’s one of my go-to shade!

PACKAGING

Well, for years and years and years, bloggers have been commenting on how suck-y the packaging is! Yes, it’s cheap. "You really get what you paid for", as they say!

Buy hey, it’s NOT really that cheap here in the Philippines! For Php 299, I would say it’s a mid-range lipstick; the price is almost the same with Maybelline and Covergirl! Therefore, I think we deserve better packaging, right girls?

When I visited Watsons I notice, though, that they changed something in their packaging. Unlike the old lipstick, the names of the lipsticks were already written together with their code number at the bottom of the lipsticks! Wet n Wild finally heard us, after many years! However, I still wish Wet n Wild would re-vamp the packaging. The product itself is sticking out of the container and putting the cap back to its place is just soooo not convenient. The twisting mechanics sucks too!

SHADE
The shade I have is called In the Flesh (912C) which at first I thought was an almost red shade on the tube. But to my surprise, it appears pinky brown on my lips. Such  a gorgeous everyday shade!

FORMULATION

This probably the reason why inspite of their sucky packaging, many are still wanting to have Wet n Wild Megalast Lip Color. Their formulation is insanely great. Although, I would say that it’s not consistent for all colors. Just Peachy, the peachy nude I mentioned above, has an amazing color payoff but tends to look cakey on my lips. It emphasizes my dry and chapped lips. This lipstick, on the other hand, is moisturizing on my lips. It doesn’t feel too watery or too dry. It has a crème finish that feels very nice on my lips, even without a lip balm.

STAYING POWER
The staying power is very good considering the finish of the lipstick. It can lasts up to 4 hours on lips, without eating and drinking.

OVERALL
Overall, this product is a steal as long as you can forgive this cheap kind of packaging! This particular shade of lipstick has an amazing color payoff, excellent formulation and good staying power.

I got mine for Php 250, still cheaper than the mall price of Php 299. But you can get this even cheaper at Php 148 and Php 230 at Keringkeri Store and The Primp Pad. (Price not updated)

LIP SWATCHES


Until then, my loves!
xoxo

9 comments:

  1. I love the color, it is so nice on you. Yes the packaging is a bit cheap for 299.00, it looks a lot like E.L.F.'s lippies. :D i wish they lower the price though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the lipstick, hate the packaging... I have the Just Peachy too which is my lips but lighter kinda shade... I like wearing it but sometimes people ask me if I'm sick hahaha ~Rattus

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is also a nice shade of wet n wild :D bakit wala ako nito hahah.. nakalimutan ko bumili ng shade na ito.. I have a collection of megalast lipstick and I really love it so much! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great find. Any dupes for Mac Taupe or Mac Velvet Teddy?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually this is also my go-to shade and a favorite like a MLBB color. The shade looks lighter on you than me though -- that's why it is better to try before buying because what might look good on you may look different on another person. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Luv it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jonalyn B. RepaldaJune 23, 2014 at 11:26 PM

    Like the lipstick color and nice lips :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ma.Jeanna ConstantinoNovember 20, 2014 at 1:44 AM

    Oh wow! It looks like my go-to-shade Jazzy Collections Matte Lipstick LPC-10. Super Ganda naman nyan! Hindi ko nakita yung The Prim Pad nung nag Noel Bazzar ako sa Filinvest. :( I don't know how to get to World Trade Center, I heard Free Entrance na sila sa Nov. 21? Argh! Gusto ko din neto.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment ;p xoxo