Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Elf Cosmetics Moisturizing Lipstick

January is the new December!

The weather in the Philippines is surprisingly cold. No wonder, it's soooo hard to wake up every morning!

Anyway, due to the cold weather, my lips have been chapping like C-R-A-Z-Y. Lip balms are always my best buddy. I tried to stay away from any lip products that can worsen the condition of my lips.

So, imagine my joy when I received an unexpected package from The Primp Pad. The owner is too kind to send me two moisturizing lipsticks that are just timely for this kind of weather. Any product that has “moisturizing” label on the packaging excites me.


Elf Cosmetics is one of my favorite brands. I have a bunch of elf products because these are cheap, and have really nice quality.

ELF MOISTURIZING LIPSTICK


Elf says,
The velvety, satin texture glides on lips with vibrant color and luminous shine. Enriched with Shea and Vitamins A, C, & E to nourish and hydrate the lips. The rich, creamy formula seals in moisture for long-lasting wear and comfort

Ingredients:
Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Petrolatum, Ceresin, Ethylexyl Palmitate, Hydrogenated Polycedene, Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcrystallina), Polybuten, Paraffin, Synthetic Beeswax, Polyethylene, Copernicia Cerifera (Caranuba) Wax, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Fragrance (Parfum), Butryospermum Parkil (Shea) Butter, Retinyl Palmitate (VA), Tocopheryl Acetate (VE), Ascorbyl Palmitate (VC), Propylparaben. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491; CI 77492, 77499), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 19140), Tin Oxide (CI 77861).
PACKAGING


I was surprised too see the nice-looking packaging when I first opened it. It is so simple and yet, classic-looking. The packaging itself is lightweight and made of Aluminium, not plastic, which is a good thing because Aluminium is one of the easiest material to recycle.   


I  notice that the lipstick itself has a weird cracking at the bottom that’s why I’m very careful in applying this on my lips. I’m scared that it will breaks off when applied with too much pressure.


There is also resistance in opening and closing the cap. I accidently twisted the lipstick up while opening it. Thus explain the lip product on the top of the cap. Nevertheless, this made me thinks that the cap is secured and will not open in my purse.


SHADES

Elf moisturizing line offers 10 beautiful shades. I have it in Ravishing Rose and Wink Pink.

Ravishing Rose is a deep pink (almost like berry-red) with brown tone. It reminds me of my favorite Wet n Wild Lipstick in In the Flesh, only it appears redder in swatch.
Wink Pink, on the other hand, is a gorgeous neutral pinky beige shade.


FORMULATION

These are "the perfect moisturizing lipstick". I have tried several moisturizing lip products and most of those appear cakey on my lips which are not surprising since the texture are very waxy. However, these moisturizing lipsticks from Elf are amazing. Elf moisturizing lipstick instantly moisturizes my lips without the waxy-feeling. It doesn’t appear cakey too! It made my dry lips instantly HEALTHY and KISSABLE! (see pictures below!)

Both glide smoothly on lips especially the Ravishing Rose. The color payoff is good, although I had to swipe Wink Pink several times to achieve the color I wanted.

Ravishing Rose has better formulation, in my opinion. It is smoother, appears healthier and glides easier on my lips. However, in general, the formulation is very much-alike.

Bare Lips (dry and uneven)
Wink Pink
Ravishing Rose

STAYING POWER

The Staying power is actually good. These stay longer than my typical moisturizing lipsticks. 
The color stained my arm; stays put even when rubbed off.
Ravishing Rose has a longer staying power compared to Wink Pink. Although, both will fade as soon as you eat or drink. 
after 2.5 hours of wearing Ravishing rose. 
The moisturizing feel lasts longer, though. I noticed that even the shade is no longer visible, I can still feel how moisturizing these were on my lips. (after more than 3 hours).
 
Ravishing Rose after 2.5 hours without eating or drinking. 
 OVERALL

I highly recommend it. Elf Cosmetics Moisturizing is one of the best lipsticks in the line, so far. In this kind of weather, moisturizing lipsticks should come handy. It gives my lips a nice tint and transforms it from dry to healthy looking lips in just one swipe.

The quality is really nice considering the price tag of these lippies. I’m not sure if these lippies are already available locally but you may purchase these for only Php 168 at The Primp Pad!

PROS
  • Made of Aluminium material, not plastic. Easier to recycle
  • Good staying power
  • Very moisturizing
  • Not sticky and waxy!
  • Variety of shades available
  • Transform my lips from dry to healthy looking lips
  • Good pigmentation
  • Glides smoothly and evenly
  • Affordable especially if you're going to purchase it at The Primp Pad (only Php 168)

CONS
  • Packaging can be crappy
ELF IN RAVISHING ROSE





6 comments:

  1. Oooh... I think this is worth a try! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yey for products with moisturizing power. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love ELF lipstick esp the shades but I hate that it easily breaks because of the crack in the bottom and I end up using lipstick brush or cotton buds to consume it. Hope they will work on their packaging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @peachy pink sister: yes, it's affordable pa! ^_^
    @nix: nice lippie for this kind of weather, no?
    @purpel: i feel you, dear! sna ok yung packaging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The product looks like it's... melting? :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of the cheapest makeup brand in the market that has quality besides Ever Bilena, San San and Nichido.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment ;p xoxo