Sunday, January 5, 2014

ELF HD BLUSH

Surprisingly, I have been thriftier spending my money on makeup. Back then, my definition of affordable makeup is “Maybelline, Fanny Serrano and James Cooper.” Now I realized that these weren’t really affordable at all! A typical Filipino would earn Php 400 something a day and spending it to makeup is definitely not a wise idea.

There are tons of ways to save money in buying makeup like:
1. Settle for cheap products
2. Splurge on high quality products that will last you for a very long time,
3. Spend on products that can do more than one job.

Currently, these are my goals for my blog. To find amazing products that will surely pass your budget, or if I had to recommend high-end product, it will be something that’s worth it!

Today’s post is a multi-tasking product from Elf, it’s their famous dupe for Makeup Forever HD Blush, the ELF HD Blush.

ELF HD BLUSH


PRICE: Php 168 at The Primp Pad
Where to purchase: Since this is not available at the local market, you may purchase this at your favorite online shop like The Primp Pad

Elf says,

Rich and creamy HD Blush naturally sculpts and highlights the cheekbones for a soft-focus effect that is great for everyday use. The Vitamin E enriched formula conditions and hydrates the skin for a healthy, radiant glow. Velvety soft, lightweight and highly pigmented color creates a long-lasting result for all day wear.


Ingredients:
Isododecane, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cetearyl Methicone, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Nylon-12, Barium Sulfate, Mica, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate (Ve), Propylparaben. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red No.27 Lake (CI 45410), Red No.7 Lake (CI 15850), Yellow No.5 Lake (CI 19140), Red No.40 Lake (CI 16035), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090), Ultramarine Violet (CI 77007), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)

HOW TO APPLY

1. Press down gently on the pump to release a very small amount of color. 
2. Apply with finger or a stipple brush to the cheekbone in a tapping motion and blend in.

PACKAGING
The blushes came into this clear-with black cap plastic packaging, travel-friendly due to its lightness. I like the overall packaging, mine still works very well, I hope it will still work the same after a month or so. I heard not-so-good reviews on the packaging but so far, I have never experienced any difficulties in dispensing off the products.

Bottomline: Professional-looking, travel-friendly packaging. So far, so good! No bad experience with the packaging, yet!

SHADE
DIVA (on left) is a hot pink color
SUPERSTAR (on right) is a pinky coral shade

There are 5 shades available for ELF HD Blushes, these are:
Headliner, Superstar, Diva, Encore and Showstopper

Check HERE for swatch reference

CONSISTENCY
Both are in almost mousse-like consistency but Superstar has thicker consistency as compared to Diva.
However, due to this, Diva is easier to spread and work with.

Bottomline: Mousse-like consistency makes the product easy to spread. But these dry quite fast, so blending must be quick. Do one cheek at a time. 


PIGMENTATION
These blushes are crazily pigmented that even half pump of the product is more than enough for me. If you plan to use this on your cheeks alone, you only need a pea-size amount of product.
At first, I was so disappointed on how pigmented these were. I put more than 3 dots and I ended up looking like a clown for a party. It pisses me off when I have to redo my makeup all over again because I over-applied my blush. But then, I realized that these were so pigmented so that you can use this product as your lip product, too!

As lip products, the pigmentation is just enough. The Diva reminds me of my Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream in Addis Ababa. Superstar is more natural looking though it appears cakey after few hours.

As a blush, this can be tricky to apply. I highly suggest that you use this above your moisturizer to make it easier to blend. Use very, very tiny amount to create a natural-looking cheeks, since it will “sink” into your skin after few minutes. You can use your finger or stippling blush or better yet, use both!

I do not really recommend you to apply this above your powder, it made the application more difficult. I ended up with weird blush patches on my cheeks and it does look cakey on top of a powder.

Bottomline: These are crazily pigmented for blush use. Use tiny amount of products on cheeks


OVERALL
Overall, I really like this product. The staying power is actually good; it lasts several hours on me. You can use your favorite blush to set this or just your typical powder for everyday.

This takes a lot of practice and patience to make this work for you but once you’ve finally master the technique, you’ll love this product.

It’s affordable at Php 168 (The Primp Pad) and can be use as blush and lip product! Imagine the space and money you can save when you buy this product.

PROS
-Professional-looking packaging; does not look cheap at all
-Can be use as blush and lip product
-Beautiful shades to work with
-A little goes a long, long way!
-Finally, a lip and cheek product that works nicely on lips

CONS
-Not available in the local market Is already available in Elf cosmetics counters!
-Takes time to blend
-Dries quickly


These products are sponsored by:
The Primp Pad and Glaminar Makeup Artistry

ELF HD BLUSH IN DIVA

ELF HD BLUSH IN SUPERSTAR




Elf HD Blush in Superstar barely shows on camera :( Anyway,I hope you enjoy my selfies as much I enjoy taking it! LOL! Until then, my loves!
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. I just saw these today at my local SM Department Store, in the ELF counter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! great review! I want to try it ;) Btw, I liked your brows! hahaha and you're good at applying makeup

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I also have this in Encore and I love it. I think it will take me forever to finish :D They both look good on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review!! http://rhemaglitz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment ;p xoxo