Monday, February 3, 2014

Maybelline Clear Smooth BB

It took me forever to review these products from Maybelline! I received these few months ago but it’s only now that I had the chance to make a review on these babies and yes—I’m probably the last blogger to make a review.

BB Cream is so popular that even after so many years since it was popularized by Korean companies, many girls are still crazy about this. I’m guilty; I just love using bb creams.

BB Cream is a great alternative for liquid foundation but it will never be a product to substitute it. Liquid foundation is normally thicker in consistency, so you have a lot more coverage (although, coverage varies from light to full). Unlike Liquid foundation, BB Creams provide less coverage but are packed with skin treatments such as whitening, anti-aging, moisturizing, etc.  

Maybelline Clear Smooth BB Cream is one of the widely popular bb brands. In fact, it has sold 30 million units in Asia. Clear Smooth BB Cream line offers 3 kinds of bb creams for different skin types – all packed with 8 healthy skin benefits: (1) Brightens, (2) evens, (3) smoothens, (4) refines, (5) clears, (6) conceals, (7) moisturizes and (8) protects to give you perfectly flawless skin in an instant.

BB Stick – For Oily Skin
Price: Php 289

PACKAGING


The bb cream stick is housed in this simple looking stick tube. Nothing really fancy. The cream itself has a weird chemical-scent.


SHADES 
Available in: Fresh and Radiance

The shade I have is in 03 Radiance which suits my NC30 shade. It appears lighter on swatch but blends on skin really well. The shade is so nice that it brightens up my skintone without making it look ghostly white









The first bb stick with 12 hour anti-shine powder finish! With its silky smooth application, it gives you a shine free powder finish every time!

8 BENEFITS:
Controls Shine - Mineral clay formula keeps skin shine-free all day
Lasts all day - powder finish resists sweat and sebum for up to 12 hours
Clears - reduces the appearance of dark spots, redness, fine lines and wrinkles
Refines - reduces the appearance of pores
Conceals - instantly hides flaws and imperfections
Evens - corrects uneven skin tone
Smoothens - makes skin feel smooth, soft and supple
Protects - SPF 21/PA+ + + + protects against harmful UVA and UVB rays.

Among the 3 bb creams I received, this product has got to be my favorite! BB Stick is a “CREAM” type bb cream that has a nice powder finish. It’s light on skin but I can still feel that I have something on my face.

It goes smoothly and not cakey – atleast for me. I always make sure to moisturize my face before applying this on my skin.

My favorite thing about this bb cream is the brightening effect it gives! I just adore how it brightens up my skin even with just 1 layer of this bb cream.



The coverage is sheer, (since it’s a bb cream), just enough to cover minor imperfections such as redness. It’s a good product to evens out skin tone. Refer to pictures below!


Apply directly on skin
 After blending:







It has SPF 21 PA+++. PA is a Japanese rating system that shows how much protection from UVA you are getting. You would often see, PA+, PA++ and PA+++ in the label. The more (+), the higher the protection.

UVA are always present. It can penetrate deeper layer of skin and one of the causes of premature aging and wrinkles. In additional, UVA can break through your cloth and glass, meaning, you’re not safe even if you’re just at home or at your workplace. UVB, on the other hand, is the main cause of sunburn. Both can cause skin cancer.

SPF means Sun Protection Factor and the number beside it indicates how long your sunscreen will be able to protect your skin from harmful UVB. According to American Melanoma Foundation, “If you use a sunscreen with an SPF 15, you can be in the sun 15 times longer than you can without sunscreen before burning. However, consumers need to be aware that SPF protection does not increase proportionally with an increased SPF number.  While an SPF of 2 will absorb 50% of ultraviolet radiation, and SPF of 15 absorbs 93% and an SPF of 34 absorbs 97%".

So in short, you get a good amount of UV protection with this baby.

The downside, though, is this BB stick is not long-lasting and not good in controlling shine as it claims. BUT, I do not really expect shine-control for any BB Creams; any bb cream tends to get oily on my skin after few hours.

Even with the cold weather in the Philippines, this bb cream will not last 12 hours anti-shine. And yes, that’s just a marketing strategy.

Overall, I still like this. I think that it’s really worth it. It’s affordable and can be a really good bb cream. This has a really nice finish that brightens up my skintone.

PROS


  • Affordable
  • Can be purchased almost anywhere
  • No Brainier product – can be applied easily using fingers.
  • Blends on skintone effortlessly
  • Brightens up skintone
  • Evens out skintone
  • Has SPF 21 PA+++

CONS


  • The darkest shade can still be lighter to Filipina skintone
  • Has a weird chemical-scent
  • Not long-lasting
  • Not good oil-control

BB CREAM – Normal to Dry Skin
Price: Php 259

PACKAGING



It is housed in a squeeze tube type packaging. This BB Cream smells like my typical Sunscreen.

SHADE
Available in 2 shades: Fresh and Natural




I have it in Natural. Natural is a bit darker than my skintone.

Maybelline says,
“Cover like foundation but doesn’t cake, protects like sunblock but isn’t sticky and moisturizes like skincare without being oily”


8 Benefits: 
Brigthens, Evens, Smoothens, Refines, Clears, Coceals, Moisturizes and Protects skin

This bb cream provides more skin protection than BB Stick. This has SPF 26 PA+++.

It has a very liquidy consistency, almost like a lighter foundation. It spreads easily, blends well on skin and feels like nothing at all. Unlike BB Stick, BB Cream has a satin-y finish. It’s not dewy or matte, it has a subtle sheen.


This offers even sheerer coverage than BB Stick. It appears almost like my second skin when worn.








Just like BB Stick, this doesn’t lasts long on my skin. My skin tends to oil up about 2-3 hours after.

This is most suitable for girls with Normal to dry skin. I do not really recommend this for people with oily skin. Or if you choose to use this, setting this with good powder will keep this in place and prevent you from looking too shiny like a grease ball.

PROS


  • Very light on skin, feels nothing
  • Affordable
  • Can be purchased almost anywhere
  • No Brainier product – can be applied easily using fingers.
  • Blends on skintone effortlessly
  • Has SPF 26 PA+++
CONS


  • Limited shade
  • not long lasting
  • not good oil control

BB WHITE – Sun protection SPF 50
Price: Php 299


PACKAGING



It came into this squeeze tube type packaging, very similar with BB Cream but has a white cap.


SHADE
Availabe in 2 shades: Fresh and Natural.
Left: BB Cream, right: BB White
Natural (BB White) appears lighter than Natural (BB Cream). However, both shades adapt perfectly on my skintone after few minutes.








With Flash

Maybelline says, 

“Conceal imperfection, brighten skin complexion, and get ultimate sun protection with SPF50/PA++ all in just one step”

8 BENEFITS:
High UV Protection, Brightens, evens, smoothens, corrects, conceals, Hydrates and 12 H Wear

For girls who are working under the sun, this is the ONE for you. It provides the ultimate Sun protection of SPF 50/PA+++.


Because of this added sun protection, I noticed that this product is more difficult to blend, appears shiny and sticky on skin. It feels like a tinted sunblock/sunscreen than a bb cream on skin.

The coverage is still very sheer but feels heavier than BB Cream and Stick.


with flash


In spite of this, I would still love to use this during summer, a perfect Beach Bb cream. Yes, it feels heavier, sticky and more difficult to blend but with this, your skin will be more protected under the Sun.

PROS


  • Affordable
  • Great for summer/beach-makeup or girls who are working in site
  • Provides ultimate sun protection

CONS


  • Sticky on skin
  • Harder to blend compared to typical bb creams

Overall, I think these Maybelline Clear Smooth BB Creams are worth trying! This line offers 3 different variants for every type of woman out there. 

If you have combination to oily (just like me), I recommend you to try BB Stick. This has the best coverage among the 3 bb creams in the line. It brightens up my skin and has a powdery finish! 

For women with Dry to Normal skin, BB Cream-variant is just right for you. It makes your skin glow while adding moisture to make your skin look more healthy and supple. 

For active women who work in the field or if you’re looking for a nice makeup to use in the Beach, BB White is the ONE for you.

How about you girls, which BB Cream are you?

I hope you find this post hopeful for you! 
Until then my loves!
Please keep sharing this post and do not forget to LIKE my FAN PAGE to get the latest updates on my blog!
 APPRECIATE, do not HATE! 
xoxo

13 comments:

  1. My favorite among them is the BB Stick! Love the coverage and the staying power.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the creams/liquids more on you. I think it makes you look dewy and healthy! but that's just my preference. :P I have the stick and it emphasizes my dry patches :( It's a no-go for me. Huhuhu.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been using the BB cream for a while. It's my go-to face product if I'm too lazy to wear foundation. You're right that it's not super long-lasting and that it doesn't control oil. I remedy that with a thin layer of powder foundation and handy oil blotting sheets. The coverage isn't full - BUT it evens out skin tone and makes it seem like you aren't wearing any make-up... and that it's your own beautiful skin :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, the coverage of the BB stick is nice; however, I think that it's a bit heavier? Personally, I use a liquid BB cream (Nature Republic's Flower BB) but the BB stick looks promising because of the matte finish! (*‿*✿)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use the BB stick to hide the darkness of my eyebags. I got it in Fresh and it's too light! Haha but it perfectly hides my eyebags so yey. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. @peachypinksisters: yuppie! i love it! and nakakabrighten tlaga ng face. un siguro tlaga yung nagustuhan ko
    @cj: yep, i think this cream type is perfect only for oily skin. this might emphasize the dry patches if you have dry skin
    Pau B: i agree! it's a nice bb cream to evens out skin tone. ^_^ setting powder is really a "must", though
    richi: no. it doesn't feel heavier on me. surprisingly, it's lighter than i expected it to be
    @nix: wow great! glad it worked for you. unfortunately, my eyebags are so intense that this bb stick is not enough to cover it. hihi

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow. you tried a lot from this line and i thank you for it lol. unfortunately i do need some oil control so i guess these won't be for me :).Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great review. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on these Maybelline products. :)

    http://izzaglino.blogspot.com/2014/01/product-hype-bench-paintbox-lipstick-in.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the results! It's such a lovely concealer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful lady using BB stick makes them look more beautiful and younger. :)

    Regards,
    Joren Mandayo
    Blog-Treats

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you guys for sharing your thoughts! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hair dressers need to dedicate their time for creating new styles and establish themselves in the competitive world.Courses for hairdressers

    ReplyDelete
  13. I already tried this one.Sample ng Maybelline :). Yup maganda talaga sa skin.Nakakabata tingnan.Maganda ang result.promised :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment ;p xoxo