Monday, March 17, 2014

D&G Light Blue

Smelling great is just as important as looking great! In my point of view, men look even better when they smell good. It makes them more attractive.

I like smelling great. Who wouldn’t, right? My friends think that I’m too obsessed over smelling great. They sometimes think like I’m spraying way too much perfume, as if I’m literally taking shower with it. But you know what they say, “First impression lasts” and so, it’s important to smell good everyday!

However, branded perfumes are just too expensive. And if you use perfume as much as I do, you’ll end up allocating most of your money buying fragrances.

Believe it or not, there are many fragrances that are cheaper in the market that could last the entire day. I have found some fragrances that are worth trying, I’ll be sharing these on my future post. For now, I’ll do a review on my recently purchased fragrance from Pretty Angel Shoppe.

DOLCE AND GABBANA (D&G) LIGHT BLUE


Description:
A stunning perfume, overwhelming and irresistible like the joy of living. The scent is surprisingly colored with the liveliness of Sicilian citron, the happiness of Granny Smith apple, and the spontaneity of bluebells. Feminine and resolute notes are expressed with the intensity of jasmine, the freshness of bamboo, and the charm of white rose. The deep and true base embodies the character of cedarwood, the fullness of amber, and the embrace of musk.

Notes:
Sicilian Citron, Bluebell, Granny Smith Apple, Jasmine Sambac, Bamboo, White Rose, Cedarwood, Amber, Musk.

Style:
Deep and true

I suck at describing scent, but D&G Light blue has this fresh and citrusy smell that I really like. Generally, I always go for citrus-y perfumes, it’s my signature scent.

The D&G Light Blue I purchased from Pretty Angel Shoppe is a Dubai Authentic or Tester. It’s not U.S Authentic. Hence, the price.

Unlike the US Authentic D&G Light Blue which has a soft-velvety texture with a blue cloud-like color, this tester came into this white plain cardboard box.



The overall packaging of the perfume itself is very similar to the original one from US except that the cap appears darker with this tester.



All the testers I have are made in Germany. The US Authentic perfume is either “MADE in ITALY or GERMANY.” If you have purchased US Authentic at Sephora, it’s probably made in Germany as well.

One of the obvious differences of the original from tester is the word “TESTER. NOT FOR SALE” written at the back of the bottle together with the other important information about the product.



Another thing I noticed about these two products, the US Authentic feels greasier than the Tester one. I tried rubbing these on my wrists and the US Authentic has almost baby-oil-like consistency (lot less greasier than baby oil, though!).

On the other hand, I still can feel sort-of-oily consistency with the Tester but it does not feel as obvious as the US Authentic one.

The next day after receiving the package, I tested out the D&G Light Blue Tester. I spritz atleast 5 times on my body and shirt before going to school.

Every 2-4 hours, I try to smell the perfume to check if the smell is still on my shirt. I even ask my friend to smell my clothes; I said I’m currently doing a review on this perfume and so he told me that the perfume still smells great. LOL.

I stayed in school (indoor, air-conditioned) from 1pm to almost 9pm. I came home like 10pm. I removed my shirt and amazingly, I can still smell my D&G on my shirt! The smell isn’t as strong as it was few hours ago (it faded somehow), but hey, 9 hours have already passed. The staying power is really commendable.

However, after 4-5 hours, I can no longer smell the perfume at the back of my hands ( I spritz some for testing purposes).

OVERALL

Overall, I highly recommend this D&G Light Blue Testers! You can save as much as Php 2k – which you can use to buy more important things than just perfume!

If you want this to last even longer, you can use layering perfume technique and/or spraying the perfume at your body’s pulse points (temple, just below the ear lobe, at the base of the throat, inside the wrist and elbow, and behind the knee).

Do you have signature scent? What’s your favorite scent to date? It would be awesome to hear from you!

13 comments:

  1. Nice review :) same scent din sya sa gamit ko na "D&G light blue" wala pa P200 hahaha! as in whole day 24 hours anjan pa rin yung smell! Ang hirap na tumingin ng orig sa fake/class A perfumes ngayon!!! wahhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talga sis? Anong perfume un? I'm actually using this together with Petit Monde Blue shade and that lasts long too! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh, D&G light blue! i love this scent!! i agree it's so expensive.. good thing you found a cheaper alternative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @hazel: yes. i like buying testers. it's cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Try niyo Sa Chemical Factory mga sis ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. How much pag d&g tester..and where i can buy it :;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lahat ba ng dubai perfumes parepareho ng price? Look at @mschelsea2 perfumes. Dubai din sha and the range is 500-550 lang.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Available online dubai perfume tester pls visit our page facebook.com/slippiez

    ReplyDelete
  9. anung brand un sis?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm also addicted to perfumes, specially tester perfumes. Who doesn't want to smell good, right? In the quest of good and US authentic perfume, i found an online store in IG. I got my from authentictestermanila, that's there IG name.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just want to make it clear that a TESTER is different from a "Dubai Authentic" perfume. TESTERS are original (authentic) but it just doesn't come with the box and sometimes does not have the perfume cap as well as they intend to be for testing puposes only. "Dubai Authentic" perfumes are absolutely and undoubtedly FAKE, a replica. Packaging looks exactly the same but has a slight difference in color, can be a bit darker. These replicas are claimed to have been repackaged containing a small amount of the authentic designer juice but is mixed with some unknown, iffy, and positively dangerous compounds to meet the volume per bottle they are filling up. It is also a little pricey compared to what we call "Singapore" perfumes but just as dangerous. If you want to save on perfumes, TESTERs are the best option but NEVER "Dubai Authentic" perfumes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi po, where is the best place to buy Authentic Testers not that is cheap not like SG or Dubai authentic

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi, where is the best place to buy ORIGINAL Testers that is cheap?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment ;p xoxo