Monday, April 28, 2014

AMAZING LIP TINTS: MISTINE MAGIC SECRET AND DREAM LIP TINTS

Shirleen of Pretty Angel Shoppe never fails to surprise me with amazing products! Most of my recent faves are from her shop: D&G Light Blue, Naturactor Cover Foundation, Moonkini Brushes and Fairy Eyebrow Mascara. And now, MISTINE LIP TINTS! 

These lip tints are amazeballs! I was seriously raving about this ever since I got it from Pretty Angel Shoppe. I’m completely floored the moment I tried this on. These are really affordable, long-lasting and moisturizing on lips. 

They say “you can’t have the best of both WORLDS” but this product proves that wrong. This has the BEST of ALL Worlds (if that makes sense!). It has affordability and quality, moisturizing and long-lasting effect. That’s crazy, right? I’m really excited to share with you my thoughts on these new babies!


MISTINE LIP TINTS




MISTINE MAGIC SECRET BY AUM



• PACKAGING •


The packaging is really nice looking, no? It reminds me of Victoria Secret cosmetics. The name "Magic Secret" is engraved in a stud-like effect.

It is dual ended: it has lip balm on one side and lip tint on the other side


• SHADE •


I’m not really sure if it has other shades, the packaging is written in a language I couldn't really recognize. But the shade I got is a Berry-shade, almost similar with most of the lip stains available in the market. It has a fruity scent, and tastes sweet. 


The shade is pretty. It doesn’t look too much on my lips, I can definitely wear this for everyday. It gives my lips a nice just-bitten tint. I would say it’s perfect for girls who are experiencing uneven lips discoloration.


• CONSISTENCY/TEXTURE•


Just like any typical lip and cheek tints, it has a quite liquidy consistency. The shade isn’t really that opaque with one layer, but the color is definitely buildable. 

This dries up really fast. I tried applying this on my cheeks and leaves blotches on my face.


• STAYING POWER •


The staying is really great! It stays on even after eating or drinking! 


• HOW TO USE •


I tried using this as lip product to create a Korean-Ombre Lips, which is a popular Korean lip trend. This gradient lip brings out the young and innocent side of you. 

The first step in creating the ombre lips is to apply foundation/concealer on your lips. But since I have fairly pale lips, I decided to just skip that step and proceed with applying the color in the center of my lips. Then, smoothens the tint out by dabbing your ring fingers to blend out the tint and make it look more natural.

Since my lips are really dry, it will look like blaaaaaah at first.

The “secret” magic is probably the lip balm on the other side of the tint. Apply the balm on the rest of your lips and voila! See how it dramatically changes the dull-looking lips into more-healthy and youthful looking-kissable lips?


I’m not really a PRO when it comes to OMBRE lips. I’m still comfortable wearing the color evenly on my lip. Here is what my lips look-like with this lip tint+lip balm on my lips.


PROS
  • Affordable
  • Long-lasting, stays on even after eating or drinking
  • very moisturizing
  • makes lips instantly healthy-looking
  • doesn't settle on lines of my lips

CONS
  • not great as cheek tints, leaves blotches as it dries up really fast

MISTINE DREAM LIP TINT



• PACKAGING •



The packaging for Dream is simplier than Magic Secret, but still, it looks nice. Just like Dream’s cousins, this has dual ended with lip tint on one side and lip balm on the other.

I never had any trouble twisting the product up and down with any of the tints.

The lip product is very easy to use and apply. The lip brush that came in the packaging makes the application a lot more precise. 


• SHADE •


This is available in 3 shades, I got 01 which is  HOT PINK shade. 


The Lip Balm is colorless. It has tiny shimmers that are quite overwhelming on my lips when worn on its own. However, it gives a perfect healthy looking lips when paired with the lip tint.




• CONSISTENCY/ TEXTURE•


Unlike the MAGIC Secret, DREAM has thicker, gel like consistency that appears more opaque. It gives amazing color payoff with just one swipe. It doesn’t settle on lines of my lips. It looks and feels amazing on lips! 


• STAYING POWER•


Oh gosh, it stays on almost throughout the day on me! It will fade a little when you eat or drink, but it will definitely stay on! Hands down!


• HOW TO USE•


I did the same “trick” to create ombre lips


This is how it looks-like with lip tint applied evenly on my lips



PROS
  • Affordable
  • Long-lasting, stays on even after eating or drinking
  • very moisturizing
  • makes lips instantly healthy-looking
  • doesn't settle on lines of my lips

CONS
  • not great as cheek tints, leaves blotches as it dries up really fast


• OVERALL•


I’m really inlove with this lip tint. Magic Secret is great but DREAM has got to be my favorite! It gives the most amazing pigmentation, it stays on even after eating or drinking and best of all, and it’s affordable!





For Inquiries, suggestions and sponsorship, you may contact me thru:
Email: kikaysimaria@gmail.com
Facebook Fan Page: KikaySiMaria
Tumblr: kikaysimaria.tumblr.com
Instagram: eloisaco20 and Twitter: eloisa_co20


5 comments:

  1. Yay! Ganda sis! I'm actually not a fan of lip tints as I cannot apply them evenly on my lips by this one looks so gorge on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sabi ko na nga ba hindi nagpost yung comment ko, nong isa araw pa hehe.. buti binalikan ko to.. ganda sis ng review mo, pati gusto ko yung magic dream hehe :) magkano nga ba?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Medyo uneven nga yung ibang lip tints iapply. ako din nahihirap. medyo uneven din yung Mistine magic secret skn. pero yung Mistine dream, madali lng iapply. hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi sis, thank you! maganda talaga yung Mistine Dream. Php 250 at Pretty Angel Shoppe! https://www.facebook.com/PrettyAngelShoppe

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like the mistine :) ganda! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment ;p xoxo