Sunday, April 6, 2014

ESSENCE STAY NO MATTER WHAT EYELINER PENCIL

Few weeks ago, I shared in my facebook fan page the recent pencil eyeliner I purchased at SM Megamall. I originally wanted to purchase Eye of Horus; I heard Snoe is reselling this amazing eye pencil. Good thing, I saw a Snoe stall at Cinderella in Megamall. Too bad, though, they’re not selling Eye of Horus there. So, I went to the department store to look for a good pencil eyeliner. Essence caught my attention because they have a wide range of eyeliners (gel liner, pencil, pen, etc) available in several colors. But the eyeliner that really got my attention was this Essence Stay No Matter What eyeliner pencil. It has a really nice catchy name, don’t you think?


ESSENCE STAY NO MATTER WHAT EYELINER PENCIL




Essence says,
Not without my eyeliner pencil!
Once you’ve tried the STAYS no matter what waterproof eyepencils, you’ll never want to go without again. Thanks to their long-lasting texture, they are waterproof, partyproof and absolutely lifeproof!
The STAYS no matter what waterproof eyepencils have a soft and creamy texture with high coverage that won’t smudge, is waterproof and lasts up to 16 hours! the eyepencils are available in three colors: classic black for dramatic looks, medium grey for a natural daytime style and dark brown with a subtle glitter effect.
A small tip: emphasize your upper and lower lid with different colors for a real wow-effect!


• SHADE •


Sorry girls, too lazy to sharpen it up! LOL

I’m not really an eyeliner person, but when I do wear an eyeliner, I always go for black eyeliners. Unfortunately, black wasn’t available when I visited Essence stall. And so, I purchased this grey instead. I was able to swatch this product before buying it, I was amazed that it stays on even when I tried rubbing it off my hands.

Swatches of Elf Cream Liner, FS Gel Liner and Essence pencil liner

I noticed some shimmers when swatched, however, the shimmers are not obvious when this eyeliner is worn.



• TEXTURE AND COLOR PAYOFF •


"The STAYS no matter what waterproof eyepencils have a soft and creamy texture with high coverage that won’t smudge, is waterproof and lasts up to 16 hours!" Too good to be true, huh? 

So far, I haven’t found any pencil that is soft and creamy but will not smudge. It’s almost impossible to get the best of both Worlds for eye pencil. That’s the reason why I’ve been dying to try Eye of Horus. Donna of MyLucidIntervals mentioned in her review that it’s creamy and yet, smudgeproof. However, it has a crazy price tag of Php 900. Too pricey for an eye pencil. 

Anyway, the texture of this pencil eyeliner isn’t creamy at all. The consistency of this pencil is comparable to a crayon. The pencil did not glide as smoothly as I was hoping it would. This pencil requires a bit of tugging. 

The color payoff is really good, though. It's buildable. In the picture, I tried swatching the pencil from 2 swipes to several swipe (left to right). I was able to achieve a nice black shade upon swiping this gray pencil several times. 



• STAYING POWER•


It is indeed smudgeproof and waterproof! 

It is a good eyeliner to wear for your waterline, it faded slightly on me.


• OVERALL •


I’m happy with this pencil eyeliner. Surely, it’s not the best eyeliner pencil out there. Like what I’ve said, I have yet to try Eye of Horus. But considering the price of this eye pencil and comparing it to all the pencils I’ve tried in the same price range, this has really a good value for money. I would also love to try the black shade in the future.

PROS
-affordable at Php 149
-smudgeproof and waterproof
-available in 3 shades: black, grey and brown
-locally available
-has a decent pigmentation, buildable

CONS
-do not glide smoothly 
-not creamy
-requires a bit of tugging when applied

For Inquiries, suggestions and sponsorship, you may contact me thru:
Email: kikaysimaria@gmail.com
Facebook Fan Page: KikaySiMaria
Tumblr: kikaysimaria.tumblr.com
Instagram: eloisaco20 and Twitter: eloisa_co20


4 comments:

  1. Hi Eloisa! Try the Longlasting eye pencil next time. I also love the L.A. Girl Glide Gel Pencil Eyeliner. You can also try Beyu. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Juvy! Sige, i'll try. from essence din ba yung longlasting eye pencil?
    Parang interesting yang LA girl. will check it out pag ndaan ako ulit. Thanks Juvy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Juvy! Sige, i'll try. from essence din ba yung longlasting eye pencil?
    Parang interesting yang LA girl. will check it out pag ndaan ako ulit. Thanks Juvy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Super affordable talaga ng Essence! <3 Would love to try this pero I'll go for black. I'm eyeing on EOH din kaso staying power daw is not as great as what I want it to be based on reviews. Have you tried K-palette?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment ;p xoxo