Sunday, April 13, 2014

SOPHIA LOVE: PERSONALIZED YOUR SCENT!

Other than the sexy body, gorgeous smile and overflowing charm--- one of the things that attract the opposite sex is the “smell.” No wonder why some people spend a lot of money investing in perfumes. 

However, picking the right scent for you can be more complicated than you ever think.  Why? Because our body tends to react differently on perfumes. Finding the right perfume for your body requires patience. It took me a while to finally find my-kind-of-scent. I noticed that “citrusy” perfumes smell good on me even after few hours.


They say perfume has 3 different notes: top note, midnote and basenote. What you smell first is the top note. It is said to be the strongest part of the perfume and will fade quickly. After few minutes (10-15 minutes), you are left with mid note. Then, those that remain after 20-30 minutes is called base note. This is the reason why you shouldn't buy perfume that smells great in the bottle. You have to try it yourself. Spritz the perfume of your choice on your wrist. If you like the smell even after an hour or so, then, you have found the perfume that’s perfect for your body’s chemistry. 



SOPHIA LOVE FRAGRANCES


Recently, I discovered this perfume company called SOPHIA LOVE. I was surprised to know that Roma (owner of Sophia Love) is a cousin of my highschool classmate. Small World, indeed! 

Anyway, Roma sent me 3 perfumes to try!




• SOPHIA LOVE COLLECTION •


The first scent sent to me was from their original collection called Sophia Love in "FAITH".


FAITH
Floral Green. Rose, Muguet, Citrus, Aldehydes, Musk and Cedarwood

Faith has a Floral Green note.  The scent is quite strong at first then leaves my skin with floral-powdery based note. Faith features  Rose and Muguet (also known as Lily of the Valley) combined with other supporting notes to create a distinctive floral-powdery scent.

This scent is perfect if you like a romantic and feminine nature smell. I would definitely wear this when I want to bring out the “feminine” side of me! 

Other Sophia Love scents you might be interested to try:
  • SOPHIA – Floral note. Honey, Citrus and Vanilla
  • HOPE – Floral note. Bergamot, Passion Fruit, Rose, Iris and Vanilla
  • LOVE – Floral Note. Bulgarian Rose, White Jasmine, Mandarin, Violet and Vanilla
  • SERENDIPITY – Floral Note. Bergamot, Lemon, Rose, Magnolia, Freesia, Amber and Cedarwood.
  • CUCUMBER MELON – Floral Fruity Note. Cucumber, Muguet, Honeydew, Soft Musk
  • OLIVE AND MILK – Aromatic Note. Luxurious Olive and Milk
  • PINK GRAPEFRUIT – Floral-Fruity Note. Pink Grapefruit, Orange, Clementine, White Woods, Soft Musk
  • PINK SWEET PEA – Floral-Oriental Note. Raspberries, Pear, Soft Pink Petals
  • SIMPLE COTTON – Floral-Green Note. Pure soft powdery cotton.
  • WILLOW CHAMOMILE – Aromatic Note. Fresh Chamomile
  • CHOCOLATE – Gourmand Note. Chocolate
  • MELON MILK – Gourmand Note. Creamy, melon scent
  • PINK SWEET PEPPER – Floral Note. Rosy, Sugar, Spice.
  • WHITE TEA AND GINGER. Fresh Spicy Note
      •  
WHAT I LIKE IN SOPHIA LOVE COLLECTION:
  • Sophia Love (Eau de Parfum) contains 20% fragrance oil, meaning, 20% of this perfume is made of perfume oil while 80% is alcohol. It has stronger and long-lasting scent.
  • Customization at its best! You can choose the size and number of perfumes you like to order that will suit your need and budget. Moreover, it gives you the power to personalize your perfume with your name on it! Thinking of having your own line of perfumes? Why not!

  • If you want longer lasting perfumes, you may even customize the strength of your perfume. Eau de Parfum contains 20% fragrance oil  They also have Parfum that contains 25% and 30% fragrance oil



DESIGNER INSPIRED FRAGRANCES 


Roma is also kind to sent me 2 bottles of their DESIGNER INSPIRED FRAGRANCES.

INSPIRED BY CLINIQUE HAPPY
A hint of citrus. A wealth of flowers. A mix of emotions. Our best-selling women's fragrance interplays fresh, vibrant notes—ruby red grapefruit, bergamot—with soft, sensual ones—Hawaiian wedding flower, spring mimosa. Wear it and be happy.
TOP NOTE: lime, green notes, mandarin orange, lemon and sea notes;
MIDDLE NOTE: freesia, jasmine, lily-of-the-valley and rose
BASE NOTE: cypress, musk, guaiac wood and cedar.


When I first spritz it on my wrist, it has a strong orangey smell. Then, after few minutes I can smell Roses. And finally, it dissipates into a clean musk-smell. 
I would say it’s a great day-time perfume. 


INSPIRED BY MOSCHIMO I LOVE LOVE
Roma asked me what kind of perfume I usually wear. If you know me personally, you’ll know that I’m into Citrusy-smell like D&G Light Blue. So, the last perfume Roma sent me was a Moschimo I love love Inspired Perfume with my name on it!


I Love Love is a very optimistic scent, bursting with love, sun and bright colors. Fresh and sparkly, yet balmy bouquet opens with notes of citruses and red fruits. The heart introduces fresh flowers: lily of the valley, bulrush, tea rose and cinnamon leaves. The drydown is woody and musky: Tanaka wood, musk and cedar. The perfume was created by Olivier Cresp in 2004.

TOP NOTE: Orange, Grapefruit, Red Currant, Lemon
MIDDLE NOTE: Tea Rose, Bulrush, Lily of the Valley, Sugarcane, Cinnamon
BASE NOTE: Musk, Cedar,  Woody Note

This perfume reminds me a lot of my signature scent, D&G Light Blue. Both has strong Lemon/Citrusy smell at first spritz and faded into a musk note. Though, both faded into Musk-note, there is a noticeable distinction between their smell. I love love is like an altered version of D&G Light Blue. For most of the part, it smells like D&G Light Blue with a hint of Clinique Happy (because of the orangey smell). I hope I make sense! LOL


• COUPLE FRAGRANCES•


They also have Couple Fragrances which is really cool! They customized the perfumes if you want your boyfriend/girlfriend to smell “almost” just like you! So, every time you spritz your perfume, you’ll be reminded of your ever loving partners! 

Roma did not send me sample of their couple fragrances, maybe because she knew I don't have one! Just kidding!



Do you dream of having your own line? Do you love to try out different scents? Do you wish to make your perfume last longer? Do you like to customize your perfume that will suit your budget? 

Then, you definitely have to check out SOPHIA LOVE!
  • They have wide variety of perfumes to choose from 
  • Roma, the owner, does not only sell the perfumes, she knows every bit of it. I requested for a citrusy perfume that is almost comparable to D&G Light Blue and I got exactly what I wanted
  • Customization at its finest! Customize the scent, size, name and even the strength of fragrance oil

And here's the best part! Sophia Love sent me three (3) 30ml bottles for you!  







How to win? I will announce it soon on my blog! For now, don't forget to check out their accounts:


My friend Genzel of Genzelkisses also made a review on these frangrances, check out her review HERE


For Inquiries, suggestions and sponsorship, you may contact me thru:
Email: kikaysimaria@gmail.com
Facebook Fan Page: KikaySiMaria
Tumblr: kikaysimaria.tumblr.com
Instagram: eloisaco20 and Twitter: eloisa_co20

5 comments:

  1. This is a perfume101 post, I learn a lot actually. Thanks! Galing ng post na to :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is pretty affordable :) I love that you can amp up your scent's strength. That's something really new and interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sayang, wasn't able to try LOVE.
    yes, these fragrances are long-lasting talaga. 20% fragrance oil din kasi. i can really feel the oil pag iniispray ko siya sa wrist ko, just like my authentic d&g. ^_^ kasi the cheaper perfumes, parang liquid lang tlaga

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pau, yeah! i really like their concept!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, thanks Roscin. I promise to do more informative posts next time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment ;p xoxo