Saturday, May 10, 2014

SAN SAN SOLEIL MATTE FOUNDATION

I received some requests from my readers to review an affordable liquid foundation. I’ve tried several foundations but I cannot remember the last time I reviewed a really affordable one that works. 

I’m proud to say that my first ever owned makeup was from a local brand called San San. I love their powder compact back in my High school years and the prices of their products are really affordable, pasok sa budget! 

I originally wanted try out the famous liquid foundation from their permanent line, the one with blue cap and spatula. While I was looking around the store, I suddenly notice this nice looking yellow packaging. It looks so summery, right? I thought this would be a perfect foundation for summer!

I immediately try it on and oh, it was love at first swatch. I was completely floored with the blendability and finish of the product.


SAN SAN SOLEIL MATTE FOUNDATION


San San says,
Has Vitamins A, C and E. Has SPF 43. Provides excellent makeu-up coverage for blemishes and uneven skin tone to promote a smoother and radiant complexion.




• PACKAGING •


It came into this squeeze-with-pump type of packaging, which is cool. I usually see foundation in either pump type or squeeze type. 


The quality of the pump looks good. Mine was performing very well during the first week. Then, I don’t know what went wrong; I suddenly had troubles pumping out product. I get very little amount of product even if I try to press it fully.


Nevertheless, I can still use the product because it’s in squeeze type tube. I normally would just remove the cap and squeeze the tube to how much product I would like to use.


• SHADE •


It has only one shade but it will oxidize to blend your skin color. But if you are in a much darker skin shade, you might want to skip this foundation.






• CONSISTENCY/ TEXTURE/ COVERAGE/ FINISH •


The consistency is thicker than the average liquid foundation but it blends heavenly. For some reason, this reminds me so much of BB Cream, only with better coverage.


What I really like about this product, it provides a nice full coverage without looking too unnatural on skin. It works even better over moisturizer or primer.



Since it has really thick consistency, it tends to give your skin a mask-like effect at first. The key here is to blend, blend, blend. Allow the foundation to set on your skin and adjust to your natural skin color for few minutes.

Once it has adjusted, your skin should look matte, flawless and natural-looking!


• OVERALL •


This is a steal!

“Soleil” means “sun” because this foundation is perfect for summer. It feels light on skin even though it provides excellent coverage. The shade adapts well on fair to medium skin tone. The finish is matte, not dewy, making it suitable for normal to oily skin. 

PROS
  • affordable at Php 149!
  • locally available at HBC Stores
  • has good coverage
  • feels light on skin
  • not cakey
  • matte finish 
  • looks flawless on skin
  • a little goes a long way
  • it has SPF 43 to protect my skin from harmful rays of the sun
  • it has Vitamin A, C, E

CONS
  • avaialable in one shade only, might look weird on girls with much darker skintone
  • may look weird if not blended well. It looks more natural when set with Ben Nye Banana Luxury Powder
  • gives off a whitecast due to SPF
  • for dry skin, this may look cakey. Use primer prior to the application of this product



For Inquiries, suggestions and sponsorship, you may contact me thru:
Email: kikaysimaria@gmail.com
Facebook Fan Page: KikaySiMaria
Tumblr: kikaysimaria.tumblr.com
Instagram: eloisaco20 and Twitter: eloisa_co20


15 comments:

  1. it's good to know that this works well considering the affordable price. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think this would be too light colored for morenas... wish they would come out with more shades... :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it is! I wish too. This is most appropriate for fair to medium skin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was surprised too. reminds me of Ponds bb cream

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had no idea this foundation was out! I hope they still have this in stores :(

    http://bookshelvesandvanities.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think meron parin dear!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm afraid to buy this one cause it is lighter than my skin tone...I have a bb cream from san san but I haven`t tried it yet...natatakot kasi ako pag local products tas liquid foundation or bb cream kinabukasan may pimples agad ako.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hehe, i feel you! minsan mhrap tlaga mpredict ang product kung mgging ok sa skin or not

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elvira Andallo NuestroAugust 20, 2014 at 9:58 PM

    actually this work for me, gamit ko for ordinary days....kapalit ng loreal trueblend. thou i have darker skin tone, so i set it with darker powder. i love the coverage at the sametime ang tagal niya sa skin...

    ReplyDelete
  10. yay, glad it worked for you sis

    ReplyDelete
  11. do you think I can wear this foundation?? I'm around NC35- NC40 :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Do you think NC35-40 can pull off this shade? :) naiintriga talaga ako dito eh, I'm afraid na magmukha akong geisha HAHAHA :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. i think it will be so light for nc35-40

    ReplyDelete
  14. i just tried this knina sa isang outlet ng HBC i was looking for their bb cream sna kc nbsa ko based on online reviews mgnda coverage nun eh mukang wla n tlgng stock nun eto ang inoffer nun saleslady skn...mgnda nga...pro im thinking kng okay to sa sensitive skin..sbe nmn nya hypoallergenic dw...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Marie Kyle B. HemidaJanuary 29, 2015 at 3:47 PM

    Hi..this is new to me, my friend introduced it to me..and WOW! It really went well, nag blend sya at bagay sa skin tone ko.. I think this is an addition sa make-up regimen ko.. thanks..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment ;p xoxo