Friday, June 27, 2014

Etude House Color My Brows - Singapore Authentic version

Few years ago  (2011), I wrote a review on my first ever eyebrow mascara from Etude House, it’s the Etude House Color my brows. You can check my full review HERE.

Recently Shirleen of Prettyangelshoppe sent me 3 Etude House Color my Brows products, though these are just Singapore authentics (as they call it) and not the original version. She also asked me if I could compare it with my authentic Etude House Color my Brows. 

Since 3 years have already passed I honestly cannot recall the product itself. I thought of repurchasing the product for the accuracy of this review but then, I realized I still have a bunch of brow mascara to finish. So instead of buying a new product, I will just rely on my previous review of Etude House  Color my brows and will compare these 3 Singapore authentic Etude House Color my brows with the rest of my current Eyebrow Mascara.

So, let’s get going!


ETUDE HOUSE COLOR MY BROWS (SINGAPORE-AUTHENTIC)


• PACKAGING •


The first thing I noticed with the Original Etude House version is the similarities of the packaging! Of course, everything is not exactly the same but unless you stare at each and every word, you won’t even notice it!
The tube is so freaking similar, too! Right, or right?
The only noticeable difference is the brush included in the packaging. The original color my brows has a nice quality tapered-shape brush while the Singapore authentic has circular shaped applicator. I find the tapered shaped brush easier to work with. 
With all the Singapore-authentic brow mascara I have used, I noticed that while their formulation works really well, the brush included in the packaging really sucks. So, as usual, to apply the product decently on my brows, I use a separate washable wand for Etude House Singapore authentic.


• FORMULATION •


As for the formulation, the Singapore-authentic is quite liquidy, though not runny at all. It wasn’t as rich or creamy as my Fairy Girl or Mac brow set. 
Mac Beguile, Fairy Girl Milk Tea, Naris Up, Etude House 1,2,4
The formulation of these color my brows is closest to Naris Up Brow Mascara, the brow mascara my sister gave me when she went to Macau. Few months ago, someone messaged me asking where she could purchase Naris Up Brow Mascara since it’s her HG brow mascara. I think it’s not available locally. But here it is honey, a dupe for Naris Up Brow Mascara!

These Color my Brows are pigmented!
And these are amazingly long-lasting as well! I tested the staying power of these color my brows mascara by wiping wet wipes over the swatch and all these color my brows mascara stayed amazingly! Hands down, this has the longest-lasting brow mascara in my collection.


• SHADES•


Back in 2011, the Etude House Color my Brows was only available in two shades here in the Philippines. Gladly, they came out with 3 more shades to suit Pinay’s hair and skin color. 
Shirleen sent me #1, #2 and #4.

#1 RICH BROWN
This is the darkest available shade. This one is the perfect shade if you have black hair

#2  LIGHT BROWN 
This shade will compliment those with lighter hair color. It has semi-orange hues. They say this is the Etude House’s version of Mac Girl Boy.

#4 NATURAL BROWN
This has got to be my favorite shade. It made my eyebrows appear softer. It goes perfectly with my Mac brow powder. I like to define the edges with Etude House drawing eyebrow pencil for a 3D looking brows

By the way, in my Kate Tokyo Entry, I used #1 Rich Brown for my brows!
Please don't forget to vote for me! I will be giving away 1-month free BDJ box subscription to those who will vote for me through a giveaway contest on my blog!
Link of my Entry HERE
Link of my blog giveaway contest HERE


• OVERALL •


If you have sensitive skin, I suggest that you buy the authentic one. But if you wouldn't mind using fake products, this one is a decent product to try. 

Again, I would like to remind you that using fake products over authentic will always be a risk unlike the authentic products that have their own name to take care of, fakes can put dangerous substances in the products without you knowing it. 

Based on my experience, these products didn't cause any irritation or harmful effect on my skin. But I cannot assure that it will work the same way in your skin. Our skin is different, what works for me may not work for you. Buy at your own risk.

PROS
  • affordable
  • Pigmented
  • Applies smoothly and evenly
  • Lasts all day
  • great alternative for Etude House Color My Brows and Naris Up Brow Mascara
  • Good quality

CONS
  • Not Authentic
  • Do not tame eyebrow hairs
  • Brush applicator is so so
  • can be purchased online

For Inquiries, suggestions and sponsorship, you may contact me thru:
Email: kikaysimaria@gmail.com
Facebook Fan Page: KikaySiMaria
Tumblr: kikaysimaria.tumblr.com
Instagram: eloisaco20 and Twitter: eloisa_co20


5 comments:

  1. I love how you do your brows, but not how you promote imitations. No matter what they call these products ("Singapore authentic", "Hong Kong authentic", etc), the fact is that they're fake. No self-respecting blogger knowingly promotes fake products, dear. If you had a cosmetics line of your own, how would you feel if you saw imitations being sold under your brand name?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand dear. I'm a blogger here, my job here is to try out products and see how it works for me.

    No discrimination here. ^_^ if it will not works for me, i wouldn't recommend it anyway. ^_^ if my readers have small budget for makeup, they can opt to purchase this instead. Makeup does not need to be expensive or branded. You just have to find what truly works for you. btw, I did a fair review about singapore-authentic in this post, you can check it out: http://kikaysimaria.blogspot.com/2013/09/surprisingly-good-knock-off-goodies.html . I mentioned there that risk of buying fake products.

    Thanks for letting me know what you think, though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand you po Ms. Eloisa. Minsan, yung iba mas pinipili yung Singapore authentic dahil mas mura. I have my Singapore authentic Etude BB Cream and Benetint. Okay naman sila pero d talaga lasting yung colors. There's nothing wrong with doing reviews about them. Actually you are helping your readers to know the difference between the orig and imitation. I support you all the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How about the price for the Singapore authentic ones? I have crazy hair colors and I change my shade often. It was really hard to find shades that matches my hair color. If it's cheaper, I'd definitely get one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're super pretty! :DX
    wow! I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a SIngapore Authentic and the original EH ones!!
    xx Charmaine


    Charrmyn || Honest Skin Review || Join my GIVEAWAY!~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment ;p xoxo