Friday, August 15, 2014

KATE Tokyo Powderless Foundation

Recently, I find myself recommending KATE Tokyo products to some of my readers and friends.  Kate Tokyo is one of the brands of KANEBO, a big company in Japan that owns several other brands like Lunasol, Coffret d’or and Sensei. I’ve tried most of Kate Tokyo products from eyeliners to eyeshadows to powders… whatnot! And I could honestly say that their products are really worth buying! 

I absolutely love their Kate Mineral Powder Foundation; it’s actually my HOLY GRAIL product. The Brow gel mascara is soooo good that I use it every single day. I love their BB Gel because it gives me a decent amount of coverage unlike most BB creams available in the market. I can’t wait to share with you my thoughts on these products soon on my blog! 

But for now, let me share with you my thoughts on one of their best-selling products.


KATE TOKYO POWDERLESS FOUNDATION

KATE Tokyo says,

"Smoothness and excellent coverage of a liquid foundation and the silky and beautiful finish of a powder foundation at the same time. A new liquid foundation that turns into powder the moment it touches the skin. SPF20 PA++"

For each purchase of Powderless liquid foundation, you can get a free sample size of Kate Tokyo Quick Remake Liquid for Cover
Kate Tokyo Quick Remake Liquid is Kate's first ever Makeup fixer. It's like a touch-up powder in a liquid form.
Kate Tokyo Quick Remake is a promising product since it provides 3 effects: moisturizes skin, fixes foundation fading and removes unwanted shine. Just like Powderless foundation, it turns into a powder finish.


• PACKAGING•


This Powderless liquid foundation came into a very light-weight plastic bottle pump packaging. 
The pump that came with it has a good quality; it's pretty controllable, you can actually get a pea size amount of the product – not all liquid foundation pumps can give you that kind of control. 
A little goes a long way, I still use the tiny little powderless foundation in sample size bottle I received when I attended KATE Tokyo event.


• SHADE •


I normally get one shade lighter than my skintone since my foundation tends to oxidize on my skin. I’m NC30 in Mac and the shade recommended to me by the SA is OC-C. It’s the same shade I have in my Kate Tokyo Mineral Powder Foundation.

• PERFORMANCE•


This liquid foundation is true to its name, “powderless foundation” since you really won’t need powder to set this liquid foundation. To all my newbie-to-makeup readers, liquid foundations are normally damp and sticky on face. This is why you need to set it with powder. Powder adheres to the sticky part of your foundation and seals it to make it lasts longer throughout the day and to avoid that oily-looking skin. 

Bare Face
With this liquid foundation, you can definitely skip applying powder since the liquid foundation itself turns into a powder finish in 15 seconds after it touches your skin.  
This powderless foundation provides medium coverage; it can conceal minor imperfections such as redness of face, uneven skintone and some acne scars. This gives my skin a semi-matte finish which I love because I don’t like my skin to be too matte nor too dewy.

With Powderless Foundation


• OVERALL •


I recommend this powderless foundation, especially if you have normal to oily skin-type. For those who have DRY skin, you might find this product a little harder to work with. I highly recommend using primer and moisturizer underneath so that this foundation will glide easily on your skin. 

Overall, I really like this product. It gives my skin a good amount of coverage, it’s non-sticky and very light-weight. Moreover, it provides my skin the right amount of glow! 
Although it requires no-powder, you still may opt to set this with setting powder. 

PROS
  • Long-lasting
  • Has a nice semi-matte finish
  • No need to use powder
  • Packaging is light-weight
  • Pump has a very good quality, it doesn't dispense much product
  • Has SPF 20 PA++ (can protect your skin from UVA and UVB)
  • You get a free sample size of Kate Tokyo Quick Remake Liquid for every purchase of Kate Tokyo Powderless Foundation

CONS
  • Quite pricey at Php 1,200 (but honestly, one bottle will lasts you forever)
  • For individual with dry skin, this foundation has the tendency to sink into fine lines and cake. It emphasizes dry patches if skin is not well-moisturized
Get a chance to win some of these Kate Tokyo prizes if you join my on-going giveaway. Link HERE



For Inquiries, suggestions and sponsorship, you may contact me thru:
Email: kikaysimaria@gmail.com
Facebook Fan Page: KikaySiMaria
Tumblr: kikaysimaria.tumblr.com
Instagram: eloisaco20 and Twitter: eloisa_co20


10 comments:

  1. Super ganda talaga ng Late Mineral Powder foundation nila... it can actually withstand the hot commute in manila.. sayang nga lang at nawala ko yung sakin when I attended an event in Mapua.. It's my HG product too.. :( Great review btw, I might get one of these pag dumating na ang sweldo hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh. Seems like an interesting product. I'll check this out when I go to the mall. :D Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vhernz Natividad de JesusAugust 15, 2014 at 6:02 PM

    So true! Feels like it will last forever. Haha! Very Nice review as always ♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great on u
    l absolutely fell in love with your blog, following you!<3
    Make sure you also check out my blog and follow me as well.

    http://fashionableperfection.blogspot.nl/

    Love John Setrodipo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a little skeptical with liquid-to-powder or cream-to-powder foundations as they tend to bring out dry spots, especially on my cheeks. I have a skin type somewhere between normal to normal-combination. I completely agree that using a dewy primer (not the mattifying, silicone-based kind) would help avoid dry patches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you Matromao. I only use moisturizer underneath this foundation ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. will check it out thanks dear

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahaha korek. sulit ang 1200. try the mineral powder, i love it more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank Dawn, let me know if it works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. korek!!!! sobrangrave ako dun

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment ;p xoxo