Thursday, August 7, 2014

Virginia Olsen Minerals in Bronze Sparkle and Earth

I have been blogging for God knows how many years, but there are still many beauty products that I have yet to try. Loose pigments are one of the products that I have been really curious to try ever since. I have swatched some of these but I never had a chance to really use them.

So when I received an email from Virginia Olsen to try out their amazing eyeshadows, I immediately said yes!


VIRGINIA OLSEN MINERALS


Virginia Olsen says,

“Virginia Olsen is 100% natural, paraben free, bismuth & talc free, and pure mineral make-up suitable for women of any age, ethnicity or skin type. Our formulations are calming to the skin, making them ideal for women prone to sensitivities; and being fragrance-free, they are particularly compatible with delicate skin, giving a sheer, natural, flawless coverage. Further, our makeup unlocks the therapeutic properties of zinc oxide and the natural sunscreen provided by titanium dioxide.”

Virginia Olsen sent me two (2) loose pigments: Bronze Sparkle and Earth and their newest eye primer.

BRONZE SPARKLE
 
EARTH

EYE PRIMER


• PACKAGING •


The full size loose pigment has a screw-top type kind of packaging, which in my opinion is perfect for loose eyeshadows. 
You can see the name of the eyeshadows at the bottom of the packaging, together with the ingredients.


• PERFORMANCE•


Since this is my first time to use loose pigments, I have to admit that it wasn’t really easy at first. Unlike pressed eyeshadows, loose pigments require a little-know how for you to make it works. 

Loose eyeshadows are really messy to apply, and more prone to fall-outs. But these are highly pigmented. After series of trials and errors, I finally discovered the right way of applying loose eyeshadows. And here is the result of my experimentation. Tada!!
Isn’t it the prettiest, ever?

The first thing that I would like to note in using loose pigments, use Sponge-eyeshadows applicator! I tell you, it makes the application a lot easier as it gives you more control on the product.

And when applying the loose eyeshadows on your lids, use patting motion to minimize fall-outs. There will still be fall-outs, yes, that’s why I recommend doing your eyes first before doing the rest of your face (foundation/concealer).

Next, these loose pigments are best applied with Virginia Olsen Milerals Eye primer. This eye primer has a gel-like consistency that’s goes very smooth on skin. I find it weird at first to have this kind of consistency for an eye primer but to tell you frankly, this kind of texture was specially made for loose pigments. 
The gel-like consistency binds the pigments together. Without the eye primer, the loose pigment gets all over my lids.

Lastly, you can use foiling method in applying these loose pigments. I used foiling method to apply Earth on my crease area. Foiling is basically applying the loose eyeshadows with mixing medium or water. In my case, I used my ever reliable skindinavia spray! I sprayed Skindinavia spray on a mixing board then mixed my earth eyeshadows on it. Once I’m happy with the consistency and pigmentation, I started applying the wet eyeshadows on my crease area using my crease brush.


• OVERALL •

I really, really like VO Mineral eyeshadows. The pigmentation of their eyeshadows is really great! 
I would recommend it to all makeup artists or just anyone who want to explore more about cosmetics and create beautiful and fun makeup look. 

But for a typical-office-person who has little time for makeup, you might find this product a bit hassle. Loose pigments are really messy to apply, which is why I try to avoid using loose pigments especially when I’m in hurry. 

Have you tried using loose pigments? Which do you prefer, loose pigments or pressed? Share your thoughts! 

By the way, don't forget to join my ongoing giveaway. You can win KATE TOKYO products and TQE Reseller Package!

Until then, my loves!
xoxo,
kikaysimaria

For Inquiries, suggestions and sponsorship, you may contact me thru:
Email: kikaysimaria@gmail.com
Facebook Fan Page: KikaySiMaria
Tumblr: kikaysimaria.tumblr.com
Instagram: eloisaco20 and Twitter: eloisa_co20


3 comments:

  1. Hi Eloisa! Alam mo the first time I saw that eye makeup (featured in VO's Instagram account) akala ko foreigner yung may-ari. That lens tricked me. Pero I liked how you came up with the eye makeup. Nag standout talaga yung Bronze Sparkle. That eye primer is really intriguing. Nice review and tips. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwthank you Yette! mga ilang trials din yan. hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Michelle! <3 iba talaga nagagawa ng contact lens no? hehe!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment ;p xoxo