Friday, December 26, 2014

Naturactor Vs Octard: Battle of Meiko Face Cover Foundations

I adore my Naturactor face cover foundation, it’s my go-to concealer ever since. I got from it Pretty Angel Shoppe more than a year ago, and I haven’t hit the pan yet! Seriously, one of the most sulit things you could ever buy for yourself. The finish is just so amazing. For Php 500, you will never go wrong with this foundation. Check out my detailed review on the product HERE

But wait, do you know that Naturactor has “cousins”? MEIKO, the maker of the famous Naturactor, actually have three lines: Naturactor, Octard and MC Collection. And here’s what might shock you, Naturactor is the cheapest and probably the least of the rest. Based on what I’ve read, Octard and MC Collections are the improved versions of Naturactor. One of the obvious differences is that Octard and MC Collection already contain UV Protection. Other than that, Octard and MC collection are sweat and waterproof, thus, they do last longer. When it comes to lightness, MC Collection is lightest. Octard is lighter than Naturactor. 

Since I have both Naturactor and Octard, I thought, why not review them together. In that way, you can pick which one suit you best, right? So if you want to know which one I will choose between the two products, keep reading!


NATURACTOR VS OCTARD

Naturactor is available in 5 shades: from lightest to darkest: 130, 140, 141, 151. They also have additional shade in the shade of Green, 171, which is perfect to cancel out redness on your face. I have it in 151.
On the other hand, Octard is also available in 5 shades: s31, s41, s51, s52 and a yellow shade, s71. 
Since 151 is the darkest in Naturactor, you’ll think that s52 will be the equivalent shade. Wrong! 
S51 is closer to 151 based on my research. Unfortunately, I discovered that after I received S52. 


• CONSISTENCY / TEXTURE•


The consistency is quite different. Naturactor is rich and creamy; it’s definitely a cream-foundation. While Octard has an “in-between” mousse and cream-like consistency. It’s really hard to describe here in text but if you have swatched the Maybelline dream mouse foundation, it’s a bit like that but far creamier, and more solid-like. Like what I’ve said, it’s like a hybrid of cream foundation and mousse foundation.
When applied on skin, both will appear lighter than their actual shade. 
The foundation will set for a minute or so. This is how they looked-like after setting. I’ve used two layers of foundation for both foundations. Hence, Octard appears really dark in the swatch. However, it’s not really that scary on me, one layer actually looks decent on my face especially when set with a lighter foundation. 


• COVERAGE•


This is really a tight battle, I must say! One is better than the other at some point. Coverage-wise, both cover imperfections really well and both have buildable coverage. Meaning, the more layers you apply, the more coverage you’ll get. Here is what Octard looks like on my brother. I only used one layer of Octard, by the way!

• APPLICATION•


As for the application, although Octard appears creamier when swatched (due to its mousse-like consistency), I actually enjoy Naturactor more in terms of smoothness of application. Octard sets faster making it a little harder to blend on my skin. Also, it tends to exaggerate some lines on my skin. For matured women, this may not be a foundation for you. Or in any case, you may opt to use a good silicon primer. In contrast, Naturactor goes really smoothly and heavenly on skin. It makes your skin appears really flawless-looking. BUT, Octard appears more poreless than Naturactor.


• LONGEVITY•


In terms of longevity, OCTARD is crazily long-lasting. It’s definitely sweat-and-waterproof. I did a water test for both products.
Remember, I did not only splash it with water. I also rubbed the product off my hands. Yeah, Naturactor fades but it's because I rubbed them too hard. Nevertheless, I think both of them did a great job in this Water Test.
Now, the make or break test: washing them off using my ever reliable Kojie San. Kojie San is my favorite facial wash because it removes 99% of my makeup. I’m not a fan of using makeup removers or toner after washing so I really, really rely on this product to remove all my makeup. So, to cut the story short, wash these products off my arms for about 20-25 seconds with soap. And tada, as expected, Naturactor fades while Octard still remains intact. That’s really crazy.

If you want a long-lasting foundation, go for Octard.
 

• OIL CONTROL•

Now, onto oil control which is an important factor for people with oily skin. I applied both products on half of my face, and then I let it dry without setting it with powder. I sat down my table, work for about an hour. Ahh, the stress! I reached for my Gatsby Blotting paper and blot my face.  The result? 
ZOOMED PHOTO FOR FACE WITH OCTARD

• OVERALL•


Overall, it's really hard to tell which one is better. I personally like Naturactor just because I have it in the shade that suits my skintone. Also, since it’s a little lighter than my skintone, hence it gives me the appearance of a brighter skin in contrast to Octard that has a darker shade than my natural skintone. I also love how Naturactor appears on my skin, smoothness like no other. However, if you are very active person, you sweat a lot and moves sooo crazily here and there, you definitely have to consider trying out Octard. Octard is best removed with makeup remover than soap and water. Once it sets, it wouldn’t budge. 

How about you girls, have you tried these foundations? Which foundation you like most?  

For Inquiries, suggestions and sponsorship, you may contact me thru:
Email: kikaysimaria@gmail.com
Facebook Fan Page: KikaySiMaria
Tumblr: kikaysimaria.tumblr.com
Instagram: eloisaco20 and Twitter: eloisa_co20


4 comments:

  1. i am using the Jordana liquid foundation havent tried this Octard but im so curious to try this. Will definitely buy one of this parang ang ganda kasi . thanks for the review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like i have something to try. i have seen and read about naturactor but haven't tried it yet. will check that out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not really into cream foundations, I'm much more of a powder fan. hehe but awesome review and comparison.

    Happy New Year sis! Random Beauty by Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both of them. I have not used other products ever since I discovered Naturactor & Octard. :) xx RUSS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment ;p xoxo