Sunday, April 12, 2015

PIMPLE REMOVER: QUICK FX PIMPLE ERASER VS SAVE OUR SKIN CLINDAMYCIN PHOSPHATE

My skin has been breaking out really badly these past few days. It’s kind of frustrating, honestly. And I know a lot of you can relate to what I’m saying. Though it is important to love our flaws, I feel like these acnes really lowered my self esteem. Well, I can’t blame myself. I take care of my skin, and invested most of my money now buying skincare than makeup. It’s just that my work is far from where I live. Hence, I have to take 10 rides (two-way already) every single day. My skin is just exposed to pollution that I feel like I have all the dirt in the world on my face. PLUS, not to mention that my work involves inspection of sites, that’s why I have to be under the sun for quite a good amount of time. However, I have no regrets. I love my work. I really do! For that reason, the only thing I can do for my skin is to take care of it twice than normal. Currently, my skincare regime includes day cream (moisturizer), exfoliating at least twice a week, using products with sunscreen, using sunblock whenever I do field inspections, face masks atleast once a week, drinking a lot of water and using night cream. I also avoid using powder foundation because, for weird reason, I find that I break out with it than using liquid foundation (Kate Tokyo Powderless foundation, click HERE for review). 

Even though having acne can be frustrating, at least it’s a good opportunity for me to find good acne products that I can really test out for my blog. With that being said, here are two of the products to remove acne that really worked for me! 


QUICK FX PIMPLE ERASER VS SAVE OUR SKIN CLINDAMYCIN PHOSPHATE

Both products were recommended by my dear friends. Quick fx pimple eraser was recommend by my college friend, Raz and Clindamycin was recommended by a fellow blogger, Celline of Product Arena. 

QUICK FX PIMPLE ERASER
Price: Php 49
Where to buy: Watsons
Ingredient: 
1. Glycolic Acid - Rejuvenates and evens out skintone. I remember my dermatologist used to encourage me to have glycolic peels once in a while. Apparently, glycolic acid is a known natural exfoliant. It helps remove dead skin cells and allows healthy, glowy skin to surface.
2. Salicylic Acid -  I bet we all know what this is for. This potent acid is known to treat acne.
3. Zinc Oxide - Helps control inflammations and relieves skin irritations. It also protects the skin against the harmful rays of the sun; an SPF of some sort.
4. Vitamin C - Helps lighten pigmented skin. It also help relieve troubled skin.
5. Niacinamide - Also an agent known to lighten skin.

Save Our Skin (S.O.S) Clindamycin Phosphate Roll-on
Price: Php 98
Where to buy: Watsons
Ingredients: 
Clindamycin Phosphate, 10mg  (with Vitamin E)


• PACKAGING •


Quick FX comes in a sachet kind of packaging with screw cap. I absolutely love this packaging because it’s simple, convenient and hygienic. It’s the “perfect” packaging for travelling!
On the other hand, Clindamycin came with a glass roll-on type packaging. While it is still travel-friendly, I don’t think I like the packaging. It isn’t hygienic as Quick fx since you have to roll it directly over your sore pimple. What I do, though, is I roll it first on my clean fingers then quickly apply it on my acne. Unlike Quick fx, Clindamycin is easily absorbs by my skin, so if you intend of doing the same step, you really have to be quick!



• FORMULATION •


Like what I’ve said, Clindamycin is very light and easily absorbed by skin while Quick fx takes time to dry out. Moreover, it kind of sits on top of your skin once it dries up (leaving white residue), hence, I really don’t use it under my makeup.

In terms of effectiveness, both worked really well on moderate pimple. For cystic, the result might take a little longer, but patience is the key. 

In my case, I usually use them together. At night, I apply Clindamycin first since it absorbed easier on my skin, then followed by QuickFx. The next day, I can already see a significant difference in the size and redness of the acne. During the day, I only use Clindamycin under makeup. If you want to re-apply Clindamycin, you can bring it with you. If you have makeup, just make sure to clean it up first then apply the treatment whenever or wherever you can.

However, a fellow blogger of mine (Izell of Ladies' Things and Talk) also warned me about using Clindamycin. According to her, it can cause diarrhea, even though it’s topical, if used too much. I have never experienced diarrhea while using this product, but it’s better to be safe and use only controlled amount. 


• OVERALL •


Overall, both of the products performed really well individually. But I noticed, however, that these deliver faster result when used together. It could make my pimples go away overnight but, still the effect depends on how bad is your acne. For cystic, you have to apply these products religiously and be extra-patient. You know what they say, “patience is bitter but its fruit is sweet!”.

Deanne of Hellodeann.com also recommended Belo Pro Pimple Gel. She swears by it. I cannot vouch on its effectiveness yet, but since Deanne is raving about it, I'm sure it's worth a try! 


Have you been suffering from acne? What are your other products you could recommend?

For Inquiries, suggestions and sponsorship, you may contact me thru:
Email: kikaysimaria@gmail.com
Facebook Fan Page: KikaySiMaria
Tumblr: kikaysimaria.tumblr.com
Instagram: eloisaco20 and Twitter: eloisa_co20


3 comments:

  1. Yes, the Belo pimple gel really works :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Etude House has a line that's perfect for commuters. :) I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds good. It supposedly "prevents the accumulation of fine dust and debris on skin." http://www.etudehouse.com/index.php/catalogsearch/result/?q=Dust Hope this helps! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. got to have one of these

    http://www.ovationspas.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment ;p xoxo