Sunday, July 5, 2015

Tester Perfumes: What are they?

My love for perfume is just as big as my love for makeup. That’s why I told myself that if ever I’ll be fortunate to have a business of my own, I would choose to sell perfumes and makeup --- because these are the things I won’t get tired of. You know what they say, always make your passion part of your work. Even in business!

“Choose a business based on what you love doing because a business built upon a passion is usually more successful because it allows you to do what you love” --- wikihow.

My business is pretty small and young. I started selling perfumes more than a month ago and I really enjoyed it! Sniffing perfumes and trying them out were the best things about this business! Not to mention the overwhelming feeling whenever I get messages from my buyers that they’re very happy with the perfumes they got. Priceless! 

In this post, I’ll talk about tester perfumes (what are they), how to choose your fragrance, tips in using fragrances and the best sellers in my store.

TESTER PERFUMES

I started buying tester perfumes about 7 years ago. I usually buy tester perfumes at Greenhills. I’ve been a loyal user of tester perfumes because they’re pretty cheap. Plus, I don’t mind sacrificing the fancy boxes.

In case you’re interested, I owned original perfumes too. I have aunties and cousins living in the US. Whenever they visit us here in the Philippines, they’re always giving us “pasalubongs” like chocolates and perfumes. 

Basically, what are tester perfumes? I asked google to help me explain what are tester perfumes,

Perfume Testers are created to help promote the fragrance. They are provided to large retail stores to allow their customers to "test" the actual Perfume before buying it. It is the same Perfume that one finds in full size bottles. Testers may come in a variety sizes and forms of  packaging. Some are offered in simple generic plain white or brown boxes with or without a cap. Some bottles may have "Tester" or "Demonstration" written on the bottle. Some are even without boxes, while others may come ornately wrapped. Regardless of packaging, the quality of the Perfume is not affected. The contents of testers are the same as in the standard full priced packaged item. One can enjoy their favorite Perfume at the lowest prices”


• What's the difference between US Testers and Dubai Testers? •


None, actually! There are sellers claiming that they’re selling US Testers. The quality is exactly the same as all other testers being sold online. Don’t be fooled by paying huge amount of money. 

I don’t call my testers as US or Dubai, they’re simply testers. It has the exact scent as the retail version in malls but varies in longevity. 

Again, US and Dubai tester being sold online are exactly the same. If you want to prove it yourself, try to buy an exact fragrance from a seller selling Dubai and US, and you'll be surprised!



• How to choose your fragrances?•


First, perfumes are classified according to concentration.

Eau de Parfum
Eau de Toilette
Eau de Cologne

Eau de Parfum is the most concentrated while Eau de Cologne is the least concentrated. But the fragrance still varies depending on the brand of perfumes. Sometimes, the EDT of one brand is better and longer lasting than EDP of the other brand.

Men’s fragrances are rarely sold as EdP. You can check out the list of the tester perfumes available and its concentration on my store. similarly, women’s fragrances are rarely sold in EdC concentration. Why is that? Men’s perfumes are normally stronger than Women’s and making it in concentration like EdP can be quite overwhelming. 

Also, there are brands like Chanel No 5 that offers EdP and EdT variants. Interestingly, the scent of EdP is very different to EdT because Chanel uses different perfume oil mixtures for each variant. Same thing goes with Chanel Chance. 

We usually choose our scent according to our body chemistry, age and at what time will you wear your perfume.
Fragrances have notes: top note, midnote and base note. Our perfume changes over time. This is the reason why sometimes we wonder why a scent smells great on other people and not on you. I cannot really explain why molecules react with our skin differently. But it’s a fact that I just accepted. 
Age also affects our choice of fragrances. I remember when I was in my teenager years, I love fruity and sweet fragrances. But now that I’m on my 20s, I prefer fragrances that are light, fresh and citrusy. Based on my experience as a seller, those who are under 20s, they want fragrances that are fun. 20s preferred citrusy, fresh and light like D&G Light Blue and Lanvin Eclat. Those in 30s are into floral-fruity (majority, floral scent) like Bvlgari Omnia Amethyste. For women above 40s, they are fascinated with heavier, sexy, a bit musky and spicy types of fragrances like CK Euphoria. Women, like my lola, opt for fragrances that have powdery scent but still heavy. 
For day time, we usually want to wear something light and fresh. EdT and EdC are usually the best way to go. If you use heavy perfumes during day time (and summer), the scent can be quite overpowering. 
I try save heavy-fragrances for night time.. However, cold weather can be an exception as I can wear heavy perfumes even during the day.


• BEST SELLER PERFUMES•


*Based on the number of sold items*

BEST SELLERS FOR WOMEN

#1 Bvlgari Omnia Amethyste

Being the #1 Bestseller, I set my expectations too high for this one. The top note is very sophisticated, a floral-powdery scent -- blended perfectly together. From top to base note, everything is just so soft and gentle. Though I'm a guilty citrusy-scent lover, I really appreciate the soft-floral-powdery scent of this one. The scent blends even better on my skin after taking a bath!

#2 Lanvin Eclat
I  was actually holding and sniffing this perfume and D&G Light Blue while doing this review. At first spray, D&G Light Blue smells like a strong lemon scent but it tones down into a softer citrusy smell. On the other hand, Eclat starts a bit strong (but still softer than d&g light blue) but eventually warms into a soft floral scent with a hint of sweetness. It’s very feminine yet refreshing. The top-midnote has that citrusy-scent – perhaps the reason why it kind-a reminds me of D&G Light Blue. This perfume is seriously so long-lasting!

#3 D&G Light Blue
For many yrs, this has been my fave perfume for everyday. It's light, clean, very refreshing -- making it ideal fragrance for daily use and during summer! On me, it smells like citrus, with a hint of woody musk. other days, the scent reminds me of a fresh ocean and lemons. smile emoticon 
The scent is comparable to my other fave scent, Eclat by Lanvin. Light Blue is a tad more citrusy while Eclat is more feminine 

BEST SELLERS FOR MEN

#1 Lacoste White Men
Clean, fresh and the simplicity of the scent are probably the reasons why this fragrance is one of my top picks for men’s fragrances. The scent isn’t too complex and not too masculine – could be unisex, or at least I wouldn’t mind spraying it on me! 
I get a sharp citrus, quite airy but not so much the sweetness. The unique-citrusy hint in this fragrance makes the perfume appropriate for long, sweaty day. I really like how it smells on clothes even at the end of the day. (blends nicely with my sweat, really!)

#2 Davidoff Cool water
The safest perfume a man could wear. From the name to the bottle, you’ll know that “sea water” will be its main note. I like it in hot weather, I like it even more during cold weather. I usually spray this on my pillow and I can sleep the entire day. So just imagine your man wearing this scent, getting up would probably be the last thing you want to do.
Davidoff cool water (men) version is quite masculine at its top note. However, as it warm down, the scent becomes more unisexual. I have 2 girlfriends wearing this version, though it’s for men. 
Bvlgari Aqua and aqua marine are both also “oceanic”-type of fragrances, but this one just less manly and fresher. 

#3 212 Men
Another fave of mine for guy fragrances. This perfume is quite versatile, can be worn during day or night. The opening is a strong green scent with a citrus-touch. It’s very fresh but not light, quite masculine actually. As it unfolds, the spicy-ginger scent becomes more noticeable. Eventually, it tames into a nice, floral scent that has the right sweetness! 



• Where to Order•


There are tons of online sellers selling Tester perfumes. Beware, as some other sellers are selling "Singapore/China" testers and claiming it to be "Dubai/US" tester. Singapore/China testers have much lesser quality. 

Anyway, in case you don't have "suki" online store yet, you might want to order Tester perfumes on my site. 

Click HERE to visit my shop. 


For Inquiries, suggestions and sponsorship, you may contact me thru:
Email: kikaysimaria@gmail.com
Facebook Fan Page: KikaySiMaria
Tumblr: kikaysimaria.tumblr.com
Instagram: eloisaco20 and Twitter: eloisa_co20


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment ;p xoxo