Saturday, September 12, 2015

Ofra Liquid Lipstick in Laguna Beach

It’s been a while since I last sat down and just write something random from my makeup kit. Lately , I have been focusing on my newly opened online store. Since it’s pretty new, I feel like it needs more attention. You know, just like a new baby that requires to be taken care of.

But of course, there are days when I feel like I want my old life back. Just sitting around, talking about my fave stuff and whatnots. Afterall, blogging is where I started.

Anyway, today’s review was a product I recently purchased but I have been using non-stop these past few days.

*drumroll* 

OFRA LONG LASTING Liquid lipstick. It’s been around since God knows when. But I didn’t really want to purchase it because it’s quite expensive. This liquid lipstick costs around Php 950! Mac, is that you?

What made me change my mind?
Kathleenlights and Glamourbox subscription box. When Kathleenlights talked about this product (and she seriously raved about it!) on her youtube channel, I just can’t stop thinking about it! 

You can watch her video here:

I went to Glamourbox website. I found out that the shade I want, Laguna beach, can also be purchased through their previous subscription box. It’s really mura ha! Imagine, you get full size products from Ellana and Belo, plus sample sizes of Beauty Republic BB Creams and full size of Ofra in Laguna beach for only Php 580. I bought 2 boxes for me and my sister.
Read more to know my thoughts on this product


OFRA LIQUID LIPSTICK IN LAGUNA BEACH

OFRA says,

One step full lip color that does not feather. These vibrant colors will give you a vivacious look.They are creamy and soft in texture, moisturizing the lips and creating a long lasting lipstick effect. All shades contain antioxidants and Vitamin E while the formula provides a lightweight layer of lasting color to make you feel fresh all day. Color will last in a perfect condition up to five hours without eating or drinking.


• PACKAGING •


The box is really sleek! “Yayamanin” talaga. For a php 950 price, the packaging has to be nice talaga!
However, to my disappointment, the liquid lipstick itself has cheap packaging. Even the print on it, I only got this for less than a month but I can barely see the name of it na.

I don’t care about the “expensive-looking” box since at the end of the day; I will surely throw it away. I just wish they could atleast invested on a better looking liquid lipstick tube.


• SHADE •


This shade is so lovely! Laguna Beach is a nude-pink that complement my skintone. 
I really like pairing it with a pink blush and a good dose of mascara.


• FORMULATION •


The formula is surprisingly good. The formulation was rather mousse-y than liquidy. The shade is opaque, really true to color.  

It goes easily and evenly on my lips. Much easier to work with than the popular nyx soft lip cream.
It dries into a true-matte formulation. I keep my lips well-moisturized before applying this because it has the tendency to make my lips appear chappy. As long as you don’t have crazily chapped lips, you will love this!

However, this liquid lipstick didn’t live up to its name, Long lasting! It isn’t long lasting at all. Or atleast, this shade will not even last a meal. Perhaps, just a few glasses of water.



• OVERALL •


Admittedly, I was a little disappointed at first. The longevity is quite average. I have tried liquid lipsticks from other brands that will last a lifetime on my lips and they were way cheaper.
However, after I’ve moved on from the fact that it won’t give me the longevity I want, I realized that it wasn’t bad at all. In fact, I find myself reaching for this non-stop ever since I got it. I really love the shade, it was one of the most wearable shades I could possibly wear. It compliments my skintone really well. The opacity is great! And I love how matte it is on my lips. 
Overall, I don’t regret buying it and I will undoubtedly recommend it to everyone. It's definitely my go-to liquid lipsticks!

PROS
-matte
-true to color
-Laguna beach is a gorgeous nude-ish pink
-Not sticky
CONS
-cheap plastic tube packaging
-pricey
-average longevity (despite its name "Long lasting liquid lipstick)




Have you tried this lipstick? What's your favorite liquid lipstick?


For Inquiries, suggestions and sponsorship, you may contact me thru:
Email: kikaysimaria@gmail.com
Facebook Fan Page: KikaySiMaria
Tumblr: kikaysimaria.tumblr.com
Instagram: eloisaco20 and Twitter: eloisa_co20


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment ;p xoxo