Saturday, October 31, 2015

Colourpop Ultra Matte Liquid Lipstick in Avenue

I have no plan of purchasing Colourpop Ultra matte until my friend, Deanne, recommended this to me. Also, I saw it in one of Kathleenlight reviews and she loved it! (I’m such a fan!).

I originally planned on getting Tulle but it’s not on discounted price at Shopee, so I opted to get this one instead. It’s Halloween anyway, the perfect time to rock dark, bold lips.

And here’s my thought on this product.


COLOURPOP ULTRA MATTE IN AVENUE

Claims:
This thin and lightweight formula glides onto the lips smoothly and leaves SUPER intense pigment-rich colour with a bold, ultra matte look. It's very long wearing and completely kiss proof!


• PACKAGING •


This ultra matte lip came into this slim, white box. It has a "Made with love in the U.S.A" print on the top and the name of the shade is printed at the bottom.
The box is just so pretty, I really like the holographic effect of the word “Ultra matte lip” print.
The tube itself is placed in a typical clear plastic tube. It doesn’t feel cheap unlike the Ofra liquid lipstick tubes. 

It has the typical footdoe applicator. It’s quite sturdy and I never had any trouble applying the product


• SHADE •


Avenue is a dark, vampy kind of red. It’s very buildable.  The more I apply, the darker it gets.

Here is one layer of the liquid lipstick. 
 


• FORMULATION •


Ultra-matte is the right name for this product. This product feels like cement on my lips. I’ve tried other matte lippies before but this is insanely matte, and very drying on lips. This lip product dries quickly; which can be tricky to apply. 

Apply one layer, and it will give you a nice-deep red.

If you want a deeper, almost brown kind of red, you can apply at least 2 layers. However, you have to be careful in adding layers after layers as this tends to dry my lips like crazy. 
It has a good longevity, though you have to avoid eating greasy food while using this. It’s partly kissproof . It doesn’t transfer, unless, my lips become wet. For instance, whenever I drink water, it does transfer a little on the glass. 


• OVERALL •


I really like the color. The formulation is good, but really drying. The longevity is far better than that of Ofra Long Lasting liquid lipstick . However, if you have dry lips, you might want to skip this one. 
I am quite happy with this product, though I was hoping that Colourpop will, somehow, reformulate it. For something so intensely drying, I was hoping that it will be as kissproof as some of my other liquid lipsticks. 



Have you tried using liquid lipstick? What's your favorite?


For Inquiries, suggestions and sponsorship, you may contact me thru:
Email: kikaysimaria@gmail.com
Facebook Fan Page: KikaySiMaria
Tumblr: kikaysimaria.tumblr.com
Instagram: eloisaco20 and Twitter: eloisa_co20


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment ;p xoxo