Sunday, February 28, 2016

MARYLOU MANIZER HIGHLIGHTER

I don’t think I have ever tried a powder highlighter before, only liquid and cream highlighters. After watching KathleenLight’s youtube channel, I realized that, perhaps, I need to buy one for myself na. I normally use a champagne eyeshadows to highlight some features of my face and I have no idea how a real powder “highlighter” would look like on my skin.

Becca highlighter was one of the most recommended highlighters in the Youtube world. But too expensive for my taste. 

If you are planning to buy Becca products, I highly recommend Sephora.ph. Most of online stores in the Philippines are selling becca highlighters for more than Php 2,000 while you can get Becca highlighters at Sephora.ph for only Php 1,9k (free shipping, with freebie!). 

However, what made me changed my mind and chose The Balm over Becca was because of my friend Yette and Jhessica. They advised me to try out The Balm MaryLoumanizer first since it's way cheaper than Becca. Also, I found a really good deal at Shopee for The Balm.

To cut the story short, I purchased MaryLoumanizer and I’m so glad I did! Now I know why MaryLou-manizer was dubbed as the “mother of all highlighter”


THE BALM MARYLOU MANIZER 


The Balm says,
Meet Mary-Lou Manizer, a seemingly innocent honey-hued luminizer that catches everybody’s eye. This highlighter, shadow and shimmer diffuses light so your skin looks softer and younger while adding a subtle glow.



• PACKAGING •


Whenever I pass by The Beauty Bar store, The Balm packaging always catches my attention. The packaging is so gorgeous, it came into this lovely circular-packaging with a regular sized mirror. 
One compact will probably last me a lifetime. It contains tons of products, unless you use this as foundation, it will take you forever to hit pan!  


• TEXTURE/FORMULATION •


The texture is really smooth, and very soft like butter! I know it’s weird to say that a powder is creamy, but it really is creamy for a powder! 
It blends so nicely on skin, it doesn’t look like I have chunk of glitters on my face. My face appears glowy! My boyfriend even commented that it’s like a magic in one swipe! Haha! You know a product is really good when a guy appreciates it, right?
Since I have oily skin, I prefer putting highlighter just above my cheekbones. I try to avoid the center of my face. As for the applicator, I normally like applying it with a Real Technique setting brush from Sam’s pick collection. It applies the highlighter just perfectly on my face. Sometimes, I do like applying it with a fan brush! 
Before I purchased this, I read somewhere that this one is an intense highlighter. Now that I have it, I never regret buying it… never! It gives my skin such a beautiful glow. I don’t think it’s a heavy highlighter at all.. well it could be, depending on the brush that you will use to apply it. Perhaps, you need to experiment which brushes you have will work for you. In my case, I either use my Setting brush from Real technique or any fan brush. 

• OVERALL •


It’s really a good investment if you’re looking for a good quality highlighter! It’s not cheap especially when compared with a drugstore brand, but not too pricey either, considering high-end brands like Mac. 

I got mine for only Php 800 at Shopee. It’s pigmented, the texture is really buttery/creamy, it goes very smoothly, it gives me a nice glow… I have nothing but good words for this product. 

Though, I already have this one, I’m still thinking of buying the Becca highlighter in Champagne Pop. But gosh, it’s really expensive! So for now, I think I’m gonna stick to MaryLou-Manizer! 



Have you tried using highlighters? what's your favorite?


For Inquiries, suggestions and sponsorship, you may contact me thru:
Email: kikaysimaria@gmail.com
Facebook Fan Page: KikaySiMaria
Tumblr: kikaysimaria.tumblr.com
Instagram: eloisaco20 and Twitter: eloisa_co20


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment ;p xoxo