Sunday, April 24, 2016

NYX Cosmetics Illuminator


Nyx Cosmetics says,

Brighten up your complexion! The radiant shimmer of this illuminator diffuses light so your skin looks vibrant and refreshed while adding a subtle glow.



• PACKAGING •


The packaging is very sleek, it reminds me of Smashbox. I never had a smashbox product, but I see always see the brand whenever I visit The Beauty Bar Store. 
The packaging feels sturdy, and it does have a mirror inside --- very handy especially when I’m doing my makeup somewhere else. 



• FORMULATION/PERFORMANCE •


The formula is slightly dry and not powdery at all – hence I’m pretty sure that one compact of this will last me for a very, very long time! 
I have it in the shade called “Enigmatic” which is a described as a pink with golden shimmers. On the compact, Enigmatic appears like a pink blush with golden shimmers, almost the lighter version of Nars Orgasm. But upon swatching, I can definitely tell that this is a highlighter as I can barely see the pink color.
Honestly, my standard for illuminator was set to a pretty high level ever since I’ve tried The Balm MaryLou. Perhaps, that’s the reason why I didn’t like Nyx Illuminator at first. But then, I realized that this product is different to Mary Lou in so many ways, and it all comes down to your preferences on a highlighter. 
As it promises, Nyx Illuminator gives a “subtle” glow, a “lit from within” kind of glow. That is in contrast with MaryLou, which gives my skin a more obvious or intense kind of glow. 
Enigmatic has pink shade, whereas MaryLou has champagne. Hence, unlike MaryLou which you can use in some high points of your face, Enigmatic is more appropriate as a cheekbone highlighter. 
Enigmatic is a very sheer highlighter, but can be built to certain intensity. However, I noticed that the more I apply/build up the product, the more it emphasizes the pores on my skin. 



• OVERALL •


Overall, this is a nice highlighter if you want a “not-so-obvious” kind of highlighter on your face. It is far affordable than The Balm, but has less wear-time. I really like that it isn’t powdery – though, I find the formulation quite dry. 

Have you tried this highlighter? What is your favorite highlighter?


For Inquiries, suggestions and sponsorship, you may contact me thru:
Email: kikaysimaria@gmail.com
Facebook Fan Page: KikaySiMaria
Tumblr: kikaysimaria.tumblr.com
Instagram: eloisaco20 and Twitter: eloisa_co20


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment ;p xoxo