Monday, May 9, 2016

MARY KAY CHEEK COLOR

I know I’ve been posting Mary Kay products recently, it is because I’ve trying out every Mary Kay cosmetics that I can possibly buy to know which of these products I can recommend. I want first-hand experience on the things I sell, though that entails extra gastos, I try to look at it as an investment.

Aside from the liquid foundation, Mary Kay blushes are one of the products that I honestly think are worth buying! You know I love these blushes as I’ve been sharing it so many times (more than any of my Mary Kay product) in my facebook page and instagram. 

So today, I decided to share with you a detailed review on Mary Kay’s Cheek color.


MARY KAY CHEEK COLOR

Mary Kay says,
“The mineral-based formula of Mary Kay® Mineral Cheek Color is famous for its oil-absorbing properties, ease of application and excellent coverage.

-Stay-true color defines cheekbones.
-Contains Vitamins A, C and E to help protect against wrinkle-causing free-radicals.
-Applies smoothly, easily and evenly.
-Designed to fit perfectly in the Mary Kay® Compact.”



• PACKAGING •


The blush comes in a loose pan, which means that you don't have to depot it. You can put it in a magnetic compact like the famous Z-Palette which is available at Sephora PH, but it’s pretty expensive.  I recommend trying out Wild Peach Cosmetcis, the cheaper alternative for Z-Palette. Or you can also get the magnetic compact of Mary Kay – though, it’s still kind of expensive especially since you can only put 3 eyeshadows and a blush in their compact mini priced at Php 595! 
But if you can live with the clear plastic casing that it came with, that’s alright. Although, you have to be extra careful since they are loosely attached in that initial packaging. If you don’t really have budget to buy the compact separately, you can just secured the pan with a double sided tape to keeps the product from falling out. 
The blushes may be tiny compare to Nars Orgasm, but behold, as a single pan of it contains 0.18oz/5g of product compared to the full size of Nars Orgasm which contains 0.16oz/4.8g


• SHADES •


Unfortunately, we only have 3 shades of the cheek color in the Philippines: Champagne rose, Shy and Strawberry cream. The 3 shades are all pink shades with shimmers. I wish Mary Kay can come out with more shades that have other tones like peach/coral, orange, berry, brownish so women can have more options available for their skintone. 
Anyways, Shy is the most famous shade as it is the “exact” dupe for the famous Nars Orgasm. I have Nars Orgasm, and trust me, you can never tell the difference when swatched side by side. 
SHY 
It is a pink shade with beautiful golden shimmer. Hence, it looks kind of pinky peach in the pan. Exact dupe for Nars Orgasm.
STRAWBERRY CREAM
It is like Shy but with less golden shimmers and more pink toned. At first, I thought Strawberry Cream will be a dupe for Nars Deepthroat but Strawberry Cream is pinkier on skin.

CHAMPAGNE ROSE
It has a pink rose shade. The “rose” shade makes the blush appear darker compared to the two other shades. 




• FORMULATION•


The powder is finely milled, very soft and smooth – smoother than Nars blushes. That’s probably my favorite thing about Mary Kay powders, even their loose and pressed powder, they’re very silky soft but not too powdery when used with brush. 
The blushes all have shimmers (very fine) that can make skin glow! Shy has the most golden shimmers among the three shades available. 
In terms of pigmentation, they have better payoff compared to Nars. In Nars Orgasm, I normally apply 2-3 swipes to achieve the shade I want, but with Mary Kay, I only need 1-2 swipes – easier, faster and more economical! Though it’s pigmented, the blushes blend so easily on skin. 

For longevity, these are pretty long lasting. It can last the entire day on me. I tried putting it through a running water but it stayed on amazingly. Of course, the longevity will vary depending on how oily your skin is. I have combination skin, my t-zone is super oily but my cheeks are pretty normal-dry. 



• OVERALL•


I think I get more value for my money if you would buy Mary Kay Cheek Color over Nars blushes – as it contains more, cheaper and has really good formulation.
The only downside I could think of was the limited selection of shades. I wish they could come out with more shades. I heard that there are 7 shades available few years ago, and it’s a mix of matte and shimmers shade. I wonder why Mary Kay has pulled out these shades in the Philippines, I’m eyeing on Sunny spice pa naman!  

Anyways, other than that, I HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND THESE BLUSHES! They said that the formulation is comparable to Tarte Amazonian and Nars Blushes, I cannot vouch on Tarte, but for Nars – I think MK is even better!

Shy is a great blush to try! It’s really worth it!

PRICE: Php 420
TO ORDER: Visit KIKAYSIMARIA on facebook

To become a Beauty Consultant:
Message me on my facebook page: Kikaysimaria or viber me: 09369369150
I can forward you the membership form so you won't have to go to the Beauty Center to register. Moreover, we will ship your Starter kit for free!
 



For Inquiries, suggestions and sponsorship, you may contact me thru:
Email: kikaysimaria@gmail.com
Facebook Fan Page: KikaySiMaria
Tumblr: kikaysimaria.tumblr.com
Instagram: eloisaco20 and Twitter: eloisa_co20


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment ;p xoxo