Saturday, May 28, 2016

PINK SUGAR: NEWLY LAUNCHED PRODUCTS FOR 2016

Pink Sugar Cosmetics is a local brand that was launched last year. Although I was not invited in the launching, I had the chance to try them out when BDJ contacted me to do an open box review of their exclusive box of Pink Sugar Cosmetics. HERE for the unboxing post.

Pink Sugar Cosmetics, though a local brand, was apparently made in Taiwan. This brand reminds me so much of Happy Skin Cosmetics, with its very fun packaging and catchy names, but made more affordable! Pasok sa banga ang presyo but it doesn’t sacrifice the quality.  For me, it’s like the affordable version of Happy Skin Cosmetics.

Recently, Pink Sugar has launched 9 new lip colors for 2016 and 3 new shades for eyebrow gels! And here are my thoughts on the newly launched products!


PINK SUGAR COSMETICS



• CREAMY MATTE LIPSTICKS •


PRICE: Php 349.00
CLAIMS: A semi-matte lipstick that delivers long lasting color.

I’m not aware that Pink Sugar has Creamy matte formulation for their lipsticks. The one I’ve tried before were the HD lipstick (Naked) and Creamy (First Kiss). The creamy-matte has got to be my favorite formulation among the three! 

It’s very true to its name; it provides matte finish but doesn’t feel dry on my lips. In fact, it’s kind of moisturizing on lips and feels very comfy. 

The newly launched shades are: Girl Next Door, Hot Mess, XOXO and Hot Bling.


GIRL NEXT DOOR
Girl Next Door is a warm-nude, with a hint of taupe. It’s a very wearable shade, a perfect My Lips But Better shade

HOT MESS
Hot Mess is mauvey shade. I'm so inlove with this shade, it looks stunningly beautiful especially if you like wearing smokey eyes! Though, I also use this on daily basis with well-groomed eyebrows, loads of mascara and thin eyeliner! 

XOXO
XOXO is rose nude shade. If you want an everyday shade that doesn't look too nudey on lips, you might want to check this out.

HOT BLING
The only not-nude shade that Pink Sugar has released. It’s a blue-based magenta shade, if you prefer bright lipstick, this might be the one for you.

Overall, I have no negative thing to say about Creamy Matte formulation. They’re amazing, these feel very comfy on my lips despite the matte finish.


• LIP AND CHEEK TINT •

I know I mentioned in my unboxing post that Pink Sugar's Lip and Cheek tint was my least fave among all the liquid lipstick I've tried. But after trying out the other shades from the brand, boy, I was so wrong! This Lip and Cheek tint is exceptional!!! 
Coral Bliss really sucks (the first Lip and Cheek I've tried), as it is very patchy on my lips. But in general, the formulation of Pink Sugar Lip and Cheek Tint is way beyond amazing. Queen bee in particular has a very good formulation. Honestly, it’s now my favorite liquid lipstick formulation. I like it better than La Splash which used to be my ultimate fave liquid lipstick.


NAUGHTY NUDE
Naughty nude is a warm peach, almost beige kind of nude. Nude is really popular nowadays. Thanks to Kylie. This shade looks weird on me, though!
  
HONEY BUNNY
Honey Bunny is a beige shade but has brown undertone. It’s more wearable than Naughty nude, and said to be similar to Dolce K. 

QUEEN BEE
Queen Bee has got to be my fave shade! It’s a rosey with a hint of grey undertone. According to Beauty Mnl, it’s a mix of true brown k and posie k. It’s indeed a very beautiful shade.

CODE RED
For red fans out there, Code Red is a classic looking bright red. 

VAMPY VIXEN
The name says it all, Vampy Vixen is a deep wine with brown undertone kind of red. It’s very vampy, and dark! It’s a bit difficult to apply evenly on my lips. 
If you want to achieve that dark, vampy lips, you might want to check this out.

Overall, I’m inlove with Lip and Cheek tint of Pink Sugar. Although, I have yet to try on my cheeks.

These lip and cheek tints are very pigmented, most of them glides smoothly and evenly, and not as drying as colourpop on my lips. These don’t sit on the wrinkled lines of my lips! It has mousse texture/consistency rather than liquid. Hence, easier to apply and work with!


•HONEY I'M GOOD EYEBROW GELS •


There are three shades available for brow gel. Brunette, Taupe and Blonde. 
The texture is quite comparable to Etude house color my brows which is quite liquidy. For me, this eyebrow gel should be named “brow tint” than “brow gel” because it doesn’t really tame the hair that much. Though, it colors my brows really nicely. I particularly like using the blonde shade since I have a colored hair.

BLONDE
Light-to-medium hair

BRUNETTE
For black hair


TAUPE
Softer than Brunette

It’s a good brow tint as it lightens up my brows. It's easy and convenient to use, and the overall effect on my brows is very natural. The only downside is that it doesn't tame my unruly brows the way I want to. Although, to be fair, I'm very particular with my brow products since my brows is rather long in the arch (and grows so fast as well) so it kind of goes down. But if you have more "mabait" eyebrows, i don't think you will have a problem with this product! 

Also, the brush that it came with has very stiff bristles, I find it hard to work with. I use a different spoolie to apply this product on my brows. 

OVERALL, I'm really happy with the new releases of Pink Sugar Cosmetics. 

I highly, highly recommend Lip and Cheek Tint in Queen Bee and the nude shades of Creamy Matte lipsticks. They're the bomb! 

How about you, what are your favorite Pink Sugar Cosmetics products?



For Inquiries, suggestions and sponsorship, you may contact me thru:
Email: kikaysimaria@gmail.com
Facebook Fan Page: KikaySiMaria
Tumblr: kikaysimaria.tumblr.com
Instagram: eloisaco20 and Twitter: eloisa_co20


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment ;p xoxo