Sunday, July 3, 2016

Revlon Matte Balms

Revlon Matte Balm has been around since ages, but it was only early this year that I got the chance to try them out. Honestly, I was, at first, quite sceptical to try Revlon Matte Balm as I don’t have good experiences with the other Revlon lipsticks that I have tried in the past. 

But when I saw this on sale on Shopee, I decided to give it a try. Thankfully, I really loved it! To know more about my thoughts on the product, keep on reading!  


REVLON MATTE BALMS

Revlon says,
Vibrant colors infused with a Triple Butter Complex give you a bold, beautiful lip. It’s a burst of matte color with a balm-like feel. Go bold and get moisturized in 10 craveable, collectible shades.


• PACKAGING •


It came with a twist-up jumbo-sized crayon/pencil packaging. I’m not really sure who started this kind of packaging, but Clinique, wet n wild and other brands also came out with their own version of crayon lipsticks. 
It is retractable, hence, you need not to sharpen it. The color of the tube is the same as the shade of the lipstick itself. 


• FORMULATION •


The formulation of this lipbalm is superb! It’s probably one of the best formulations for Matte lipsticks.
I only did one swipe in this swatch, but look how amazing the color payoff! It’s very rich and opaque.

These glide so soft and smoothly on my lips which is really surprising for a matte-formulation. I swear, it feels very comfy on my lips

I also love the slight pepperminty smell and feel on my lips. 

• SHADES •


Despite the amazing formulation, I only picked two shades from the line: Sultry and Elusive. 

Elusive is a nice, subtle cool-toned pink. It’s definitely an everyday shade. 
The shade is quite similar to Happy Skin Shut up and Kiss Me Moisturizing Lippie in Just Say Yes.


Sultry, on the other hand, is a deep brown-rosey/pink. 
It has that vintage feel, and I feel much matured whenever I have it on. They say it’s a dupe for Mac Twig, I haven’t tried that one yet.
Note: These lip balm are actually moisturizing on its own. Hence the name, “lip balm”.  The reason why my lip appeared dry on swatches is because I swatched other matte lipsticks prior to swatching these balms. 



• OVERALL •


I love Revlon Matte Lip Balms! I think they’re really worth the money. The formulation is very rich, pigmented, creamy, opaque, long lasting. I have nothing but good words for this product.

The only downside was the color selection. Although the formulation was amazing, only two shades really catched my attention. I wish they would come out with nicer colors, like a dusty rose shade.

PROS
  • Matte-finish, but feels very comfy on lips
  • Moisturizing on lips. You can use it on its own, even without balm underneath
  • Glides so soft and smoothly on lips
  • Has a nice minty-feel on lips
  • Very opaque

CONS
  • Limited shades
  • Quite pricey at Php 575 (but really worth it!)




For Inquiries, suggestions and sponsorship, you may contact me thru:
Email: kikaysimaria@gmail.com
Facebook Fan Page: KikaySiMaria
Tumblr: kikaysimaria.tumblr.com
Instagram: eloisaco20 and Twitter: eloisa_co20


1 comment:

  1. Great review! been thinking of buying one :)
    www.emmereyrose.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment ;p xoxo